• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Buck 120

Deer question.

Buck 120

New hunter here. OK I purchased a Buck tag and applied for antlerless. Now I have my buck tag and the antlerless tag which came in the mail. So can I essentially harvest a buck and doe or does that mean my Buck tag became an antlerless. Just wondering as I only purchased one tag.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

wicabel246

Your tag at this time is good for only one deer. You may shoot a buck anywhere in the province, or a doe in the area you applied for. For example, if you aapplied for an antlerless tag in area 13, than your tag is an anything tag in 13, you can shoot either a buck or an antlerless deer, but everywhere else, it is only an antlered deer tag only. If you want to shoot additional antlerless deer, you have to call the ministry 1-800 number and request an additional antlerless deer tag for the specific area you want to hunt. Oh yes the cost is 36.66 for each additional tag you buy. Hope this helps

Buck 120

Gotta get another Buck tag then. Yesterday morning, I saw a small bear, A Doe with two fawns and a ten point buck. All that on one walk around BLVD lake. Boy nothing like that to get the senses aroused and the hunting blood moving.

wicabel246

You won't be able to get another buck tag, as the one you got is for a buck. and the sticker you got the other day is for an anterless deer for the area you applied for. If you want to shoot a buck and a doe, than you have to get an additional doe tag through the ministry, 1-800-255-1155, and the excess tags will be available over the counter at Service Ontario on James Street after the first of Sept. Take care and safe hunting.

Buck 120

OK Thanks.

Some Old Guy

MNR Answer:

When you purchased your deer licence at the store, it came with a small sticker that went onto the back of your outdoor card and a game seal. That game seal was valid for a buck anywhere in the province. What you received in the mail is a validation sticker for antlerless deer for a specific wildlife management unit. You must attach this validation sticker to the game seal. (read the instructions that came with the antlerless validation sticker) With this attached, you are now able to harvest a buck anywhere in the province OR a doe in the wildlife management unit specified on the game seal. (ie WMU 13). You must carry both components of the licence with you when you hunt (the outdoor card with a valid 2007 deer licence on the back and the matching game seal). What you received in the mail is not another game seal.

Additional antlerless deer game seals can be purchased from various MNR offices or Service Ontario counters throughout the province.

Ross Johnston

Community Liaison

Conservation Officer

Suite B001, 435 S. James St.

Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S8

Telephone: 807-475-1521

Facsimile: 807-475-1527

Email: ross.johnston@ontario.ca

R.T.R. Respect the resource!