• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
speckmaster

Synthetic oil for quad

speckmaster

I'm planning on putting synthetic oil in my quad so I can use it in the winter. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Thx

Resource Pimp

I run synthetic in my artic cat 300. It has a manual transmission with wet clutches and requires a special synthetic compatible with wet clutches. What ever machine you have, the manual or online should tell you the requirements. For the past 3 winters I have used a brand called Mystik from Fleet farm in the US. Its a fully synthetic formulated for 4 stroke atv with wet clutches. Reasonable too, between 5 and 6 bucks a quart. Would have used Amsoil brand which I run in my truck, but too pricey. Amsoil has a specific special blend for wet clutches as well. I use my atv alot in the winter and the synthetic makes starting a lot easier, especially this past winter.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

levi64

Some atv's don't recommend using Synthetic oil in them, check your manual.. I know my wife's polaris specs calls for synthetic but my king quad is not recommended to use synthetic. My buddy used synthetic oil in his king quad after using normal 10-40 for 4 years and blew the top end.. I plow with my king quad and just use an 05 in winter

Hunter

I ran synthetic in my Yamaha and oil consumption went up .Went back to 05 in the winter and have no problem starting .

speckmaster

What is "04" and "05"? Sorry for the possible stupid question. I have a 2006 kodiak 450

Hunter

Sorry But should have put the whole thing 5W20. And have no trouble starting in cold temp turns over with ease.