• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrski

Maps of closed areas in 15B

Barrski

I recently moved to Thunder Bay and will be looking to hunt in 15B for years to come. I took a drive on the weekend down the Maun lake road and Black Sturgeon area but only came across one recent cut in about 10 km up the Sturgeon. I assume there is more recent cut areas but will need to travel futher up the Armstrong Hwy. Any insight you could share with me would be appricated, I'm looking for areas that have from 1-10 year cuts. Does MNR have current maps posted in their office of active cutting areas or closed hunting areas?

eyelander

The MNR usually has the map of the closed areas at the seminar:

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?showtopic=1494

Otherwise, you would have to go to the MNR and look at them. Someone usually posts the closed areas on this site with pictures. It might even be on the MNR website, but I cannot remember now.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Cheech

The OFAH website had the maps of closed areas up last year so hopefully they'll have them up again this year. A couple of years back the MNR office had the closed area map on the wall and would give you a pre-printed section of map that you asked for, but I'm not sure now with the Service Ontario counter. As stated by eyelander, the maps should be at the moose seminar Sept.13th that you can get a look at.

Some Old Guy

MNR Answer:

The MNR office in Thunder Bay will have maps of ”NO HUNT” areas in the Thunder Bay district available to the public on September 15th. We will again ask the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters to post these maps on their website (www.ofah.org. ) Any areas that are approved for closure will be closed for the entire gun season ( Oct 6th-Dec 15th) These areas will be posted with signs in the bush at least 2 weeks prior to the actual closure date.

Areas are closed at the request of industry to ensure the safety of the people working. There may be other areas of crown and private land throughout the district that are not posted for NO HUNTING where people are working.

Unless there is an allowance for a travel corridor through a “NO HUNT” area, you may not hunt or possess a firearm in the area. This means even if it is locked in the trunk of your car.

Our office is located in the basement at 435 S. James St. in Thunder Bay.

Ross Johnston

Community Liaison

Conservation Officer

Suite B001, 435 S. James St.

Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S8

Telephone: 807-475-1521

Facsimile: 807-475-1527

Email: ross.johnston@ontario.ca

R.T.R. Respect the resource!