• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

Stainless Prop Recommendations

Jayfishin

Looking to buy a 14 1/4 x 19P prop for my 150 optimax. Looking for recommended SS prop types vs cost. Currently have a Turning Point SS 23P prop which is very solid prop, but looking to change pitch. My spare aluminum 21P runs alot better but read alot of reviews stating 19p was the best liked for all around performance for similar boat style, etc.

Jay

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

what are you trying to accomplish with prop change. better hole shot, rough water handling, cruise, top speed? ?

what rpm do you turn the 23p to?

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

My 23P runs about 5200rpm. But my 21P has a better hole shot for tubing, etc. and slightly higher rpm. Tops out around 47-48MPH. I read that running a 19P prop should turn higher around 5600rpm with a slightly higher top end, and obviously better low end hole shot

Jay

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

okay well yes at 5200 you sound over propped, loaded light you may get a better cruise fuel burn but everything else will suffer.

id try and prop it to hit 5700 on a cold day.

i figure
GOOD
19 pitch tempest , an aggressive 3 blade and has a lot of cup so it will be more like 20pitch , will give most speed out of any prop, and never lets go , but wont hold plane as slow as a 4 blade or holes shot as nice,

or
BETTER
19 pitch trophy plus will lose a few mph up top comapred to the tempest but will hold plane easier and better hole shot. will handle better in a nasty chop with better low speed control. lots of rpm needed in reverse though with a 4blade

a good used one can be found for under 3bills

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President