• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Buck 120

Will be difficult to get a moose tag this year

Mr. Canoehead

WTF is right! There is a hearing in Toronto (of course) on April 29th to decide if the hunt scheduled to start MAY 1ST will be allowed??? Talk about the 11th hour. I would like to know what the grounds are for this application. Is it just more of the same anti hunting lobbyists from the big city who saw too many disney movies and don't want anyone to shoot the cute cuddly bears?

As for moose I am wondering how accurate the guaranteed group sizes will be due to displaced hunters and those switching to bow. Guaranteed group size in 15b for bow cow is 2 and my buddy and I are discussing switching to bow hunting due to the tag cuts. But if everyone else has the same idea then how can we still be "guaranteed" a tag? I guess it's not that easy to get a cow bow hunting anyways.

Driving to Pickle Lake for a week also came up haha. The closest wmu's with group size of 2 are 16a 17 and 25. Can't really tell from looking at a map if 17 and 25 are even accessible by vehicle but for sure it would be a long haul. Also would mean no opportunity to scout since I'm not going to spend that kind of time and money on a scouting trip plus the actual hunting trip. So even on a week long hunting trip it might require some dumb luck to find a moose.

At least we still got the deer.

Jayfishin

How about we reduce the politician numbers by 66% across the province and reduce their fat pay raises and pensions for a few years. Imagine the money left over for things that matter in Ontario. Getting real tired of politics in this province. No jobs, high tax rates, power costs costs sky rocketing....said state of affairs. Back to Alberta I go tomorrow to make a paycheck to live in Ontario ;(