• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

2014 Smelts Smelts and everything Smelts

Zackcorbin1401

I sure will let you guys know

Zackcorbin1401

Why do I have to clean your smelts Doug

Zackcorbin1401

Last night I went at about 10:30-11:30 and I got about 50 smelts. About 20 people there.

Bobber Down

Last night I went at about 10:30-11:30 and I got about 50 smelts. About 20 people there.

Well, there you have it

THE RUN IS ON!!!!

post-1835-0-77978000-1399555344_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

sinker7

Went out Monday night from 9:30-11:30. No one else on the creek. Lots of vehicles slowed down to look but no one stopped. Scooped a little better than ice cream pail full. Got 1 or 2 every couple scoops after 10:00. Deep fried smelts have been on the diner menu the last couple days. Going to head out again for another batch.

Zackcorbin1401

Has anyone been out to mckenzie for smelts this year, last year it was far greater than mcvickers i got 5-10 every scoop and at mcvickers 1-2 every 3-4 scoops.

Foozer

Last year, for us, it was like the good ol' days.

Just got lucky and arrived at the same time as a major run. Two pails full in about 10 scoops.

We thought we missed it because no one was there. The reason no one was there was because people were done in just minutes after getting there and gone before the next truck showed up.

Good times

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Zackcorbin1401

Does anyone know if the smelts are swimming at Mckenzie river.

Zackcorbin1401

?

shmanks

the water is probably flowing like crazy there your best bet would probably be mcvicars again

crazyctr

went to jackpine river nothing yet then went to Jessie lake the smelts are just starting there

hbaits.jpg

Zackcorbin1401

I went to mcvickers and there was so many people there it was hard to find a spot,caught lots and a spec ended up in my net. Cool to see

Bunnyfoofoo

i have pics of vickers and wow i was thier before the madness and had to do some stuff and went back an hour later thinking yes thinking maybe be a couple of people was i wrong 100+ were there.....

If that is what the trouters don't want to happen to there spots i understand fully now.....sorry guys my bad... :(:(

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

walleyewarrior

The smelts were in big time last night. Got half a pail in an hour. Wasn't bad for Mcvikars and the amount of people that were there.

robbo

Anyone been at Current River? I'm going to try the next couple of nights but there is a lot of water going out.

going fishing is okay, going catching is great!

Zackcorbin1401

Mcvickers was crazy last night.

McGinnis_Fishing

Ive been hearing you cant even get close to current river. Apparently its flowing too fast. Was at mcvickers last night and got a 5 gal pail in 20 minutes. As we left everyone moved down to where we were but then the run slowed down.

shmanks

gunna give er a shot tonight i'll let you guys know how i do

Guest outfishing

Not sure about McKenzie but it was a packed house at McVicars Creek on Saturday night. Had some fried in garlic butter, yum. How long will the "run" last, do you think? Also hoping to try for steelhead this spring, will have to get set up for that, never done it before.

shmanks

ya mcvics was crazy last nite as well got enough for a few feeds in 20 mins

Guest Derrick T

Thinkin of trying Mackenzie tonight. Dad and father in law are itchin for a good feed.

shmanks

my god the smelts were so gooddddd...need more!

30wknr9.jpg