• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

2014 Smelts Smelts and everything Smelts

Bottom Bouncer

What time does the run start ?

REELBAIT

Bunnyfoofoo

i was their @ 9:30 and was testing the waters here and there then i got a couple and then all started to net some so around 10:00 and on ill be there tonight.... so much fun and soo sooo sooo soo tasty

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

PRO V

my god the smelts were so gooddddd...need more!

30wknr9.jpg

Those are some tasty look 'n smelts right there,…………dose anyone have a dipping sauce they like with their smelts.?

Mike

Bottom Bouncer

i was their @ 9:30 and was testing the waters here and there then i got a couple and then all started to net some so around 10:00 and on ill be there tonight.... so much fun and soo sooo sooo soo tasty

Thanks for the quick response.

REELBAIT

Guest Wetlinetightline

Yes they are hae Been for a few days. A few of my buddies have been goin.

walleyewarrior

No dipping sauce but I sprinkle salt n vinegar popcorn salt on them when they are cooked. Unbelievable!!!!

FishOrDie

very slow tonight, was there from 9:30 to 11:00 and only got one. c ya tomorrow

eddylives

I was at McVikers from about 2:15 to 2:45 last night and there were only a few others there and only managed about 2 doz smelt....I hope the run is just starting

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest 2112

My buddy and I went to a small creek a little east of town last. My first time ever smelting, filled our bucket half full anyways. Got the most around 1-130 am. Even got a little brookie in the net who was put safely back in the water. What a blast!

Bunnyfoofoo

was @ mcvickers got a half a bucket or more was there @ 11:00 till around 1:00

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

hunt or be hunted

Mackenzie is in full run but u need chest waders to get out to them, was their last night in just rubber boots and couldn't get to them, guys walked out to waist deep and were filling a 5 gal Pail every 30min or so

FishOrDie

ok screw this years run. c you tomrrow night ill pay 2 beer per doz smelt no jokes. im tired of burnin diesel for nothin

• Like 1

shmanks

going to try mcvics tonight anyone have luck last nite or heading out again tonight?

Guest Derrick T

Mackenzie was good last night. If ur net was deep enough. Lotsa nice sized ones

66blackhawk

What size are the smelts this year?I remember when i was a kid at current river the banks of the river were covered in them,and they seemed to be a lot bigger.

Bunnyfoofoo

the ones i got were half the size of a fillet knife

Bighotdog

Went out to Makenzie river last night got there around 1130 and we were done by 1230. Not a lot like last year but filled a five gallon pale in an hour. There were a lot of males this time compared to females so it was pretty nice to clean them up. Very tasty today I must say

Tonyv

Hey bout to head out dipping tonight how was mcvics? Anywhere been better last couple nights?

shmanks

the current river dam is letting out alot less water it is worth a try tonight go to the grain elevator side

Porkchop21

Was at mcvicars last night. The smelts were almost non-existent. Went to mckenzie and had a 5 gallon pale in half an hour.