• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bobber Down

2014 Smelts Smelts and everything Smelts

Guest debruyne97

Are smelts invasies? And Should we be taking more then we really need?

Guest 2112

They are absolutely invasive but were purposely introduced in early 1900. Never take more then what you need of anything.

Guest joshschill

Got two 5 gallons in two hrs ...one net. The run was decent but not great! Maybe 20 smelts a scoop.

Bunnyfoofoo

about the same needed to get out deep , was up to my waist and had a 10-12 foot reach was getting 20 a scoop

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Guest Neversink

Speaking of invasive species, I had a Eurasian Ruffe in the mix with my smelts the other night....not good. I'm not sure if anyone else had come across anything similar. It has been reported to MNR. Caught it at McKenzie on Sunday night (May 18, 2014).

Bunnyfoofoo

got some round gobbies and those leach things that attach onto fish don't remember the name

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Bunnyfoofoo

yes that is it those little !%@^#^#$^

Guest 2112

those lampreys are gross. i havent caught one yet but i remember when i was a kid fishing the welland canal in southern ontario the salmon and trout would be covered in sores.

Guest 2112

those lampreys are gross. i havent caught one yet but i remember when i was a kid fishing the welland canal in southern ontario the salmon and trout would be covered in sores.