• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

northofsouth

spring bear hunt

northofsouth

good to see the tree huggers didn't get their way and the hunt is a go

Barrski

Was that the official outcome today

northofsouth

Was that the official outcome today

the judge dismissed the case today and the hunt is allowed to go on

Hurketthunter

Excellent. Now lets hear how everyones bear hunt is going and see some photo`s

Hurketthunter

Excellent. Now lets hear how everyones bear hunt is going and see some photo`s

Hunter

Never tried bear meat but thinking on trying it is there a butcher that will cut it .

Kamhillbilly

Spring bear is makes excellent smoked roasts .I best be getting a licence.

NorthwestHunter

Hunter, just about every butcher shop in town cuts bear.

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Guest 2112

has anyone been out? my friend and I are new to bear hunting and big game hunting in general. we both have tags and we are going to set up a bait. Do you think the bears are up and moving yet? Weve been out for hare every week all winter and the snow is definately on its way out. These last few days of rain im sure dropped it even further

Some Old Guy

Yes the bears are up and moving. I saw my first one 3 weeks ago.

I saw a brute on Wed coming back from the dump I use. I`m gathering there will be many bears near dump sites as the bush still has lots of snow. Easy food at the dump. (I know nobody wants a dump bear)

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

friendly reminder ....cant hunt the dumps. like within 400yds i thinks. check regs

ya i try to avoid bears that eat our tasty garbage. diapers and feminine hygene products YUM!!!

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Some Old Guy

That was gross! HA HA!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bobber Down

If you don't set up a bait station, hunting where you have a long viewing distance like a pipeline or hydroline and the roads that connect to them (up 527) is a good place to see spring bear. They will be all along those areas eating the new spring grass. Glass the area ahead and you will spot them easily. You may have to stalk them as in getting out of your vehicle and sneaking up close enough for a shot. Watch for cubs, sometimes they are hard to spot. It is illegal to shoot a mother with cubs. There are lots of bears now. You don't have to shoot the first one you see. Bear sausage is nummy.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@fw/documents/document/239850.pdf

post-1835-0-02917100-1399136128_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ryan P,

SWROOOONG WIT U?!

Lots!!

and BTW

i didnt mean all bears eat that, just the dump ones

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest 2112

thanks for your advice! we found a nice little spot of green grass sheltered in nice mature jack pine with bunch berries and some other plants already looking somewhat hardy. we are setting a bait up way down Barnum. any luck ill post our bruin!

gsambray

Watched one about 300 yards away for half an hour or so yesterday. Im glad I wasnt in a hurry to shoot since after the half hour I spotted 2 cubs with her. Take your time and make sure before you shoot. Theres lots of bears and with the snow and conditions its easy to find were they will be

gsambray

Going next weekend up to another bait station of mine to sit and watch with the bow in hand

Guest DartonRage2

Went out today with the rifle in hand and the bow on a sling to do some scouting and possibly pull off a spot and stalk. Saw a bald eagle 6 grouse (and heard plenty more drumming) and saw two whitetails and some moose sign. No sign whatsoever of bruins tho. I covered lots of ground and theres a foot of snow in some places still. Better luck for me tomorow I hope! Anybody else been out lookin???

Guest 2112

ive been out during the week. some signs, not lots though. Grass is really just coming in to the area we hunt. LOTS of grouse everywhere! more signs of wolves then anything else. Its my first time ever hunting a bear so who knows if im even in the right spot!

Kaptain Kirk

2112 just be patience and you will see one, any spot with some good bait will bring in bears for Miles.

milspec

Went out yesterday to the Dorion Cut Off. Seen nothing. No sign either.

Thefishleclair

Saw 2 large bears yesterday. One was in the small grass patch and the other on the edge of a swamp.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest 2112

Any one having any luck? Im going this weekend armed with some tips given to me! hopefully ill fill this tag!