• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flybum

Rant and Questions...

flybum

So i have just purchased a brand new, 2014 16' Crestliner Kodiak Tiller from a dealer here in town. I'm not going to name them, but lets call them SRV, just for fun...

Heres a bit of a story of the purchase...

I purchased the boat and trailer together during the boat sale and i purchased my motor separate. i received my motor a few days ago and took it to them to mount. The mounting of my motor was agreed upon that it would be a free service.

When i purchased the boat, i was told that i would get " that EXACT boat and we'll just take the motor off"

The whole package "sans motor" came with Luxury seats, bow cargo netting, "north west" package( vinyl interior, trolling motor adapter, 2 batteries ( 1 front and 1 rear), guide ons for the trailer and a few other options.

i said SOLD, where do i sign?

Deal sealed in ink, they stored it on their lot for the last while since our weather SUCKS and the boat wouldn't work too well on ice.

when i took my motor to them to get it mounted, they asked about a few things, including batteries. with a puzzled look on my face, i asked them what they meant about batteries?

I told them that they were supposed to be included, as per our deal. They replied to that with "but you didn't take the motor, the motor and batteries come as a unit".

my reply " wouldn't that be like selling a car and since they didn't want the tinted windows, to take the whole windows, cause it came as a unit?"

Them " no, the motor and battery are sold as one unit"

me " so why do i lose my front battery as well?"

them " cause that was just there for display purposes"

Me " so when you sold me "that EXACT boat", it wasn't "that Exact boat"...? "

them " you must have just misunderstood... I'm not saying its your fault tho..." "... maybe we can get you a deal for some other batteries... "

They never got me a deal, nor offered me one.. just mentioned it. Im pretty pissed off about the whole situation to say the least. Its not a HUGE amount of money, but its the fact i just bought a BRAND NEW BOAT from them, they screwed up ( or i misunderstood, but its not my fault) and instead of giving me the batteries as they SHOULD HAVE, they pretty much said " bite the pillow, we're coming in dry!!" (but its not your fault)

My only positive part about this whole thing was the guy at the parts counter was great in helping me with a prop.

Now, since i will NEVER go back to them, or refer ANYONE to them, EVER again... where is a good place to go for a couple batteries for my boat?

iCORY

Both mine are from walmart haha. I get about 9-10 hours of trolling out of one and many fishing outings worth of juice to my fishfinder, lights and electric start on the other.

I'm not sure if thats good though really seeing as this is my first boat and my first time using fish finders and trolling motors.

P.S the other intrigueing thing about them is I stored them dead all winter in my shed and they still work despite the brutally cold winter we just had

DJL66

Hi Brian

I use group 29 batteries from Can tire for my 80# Terrova. I can go a full two days on a charge pulling my 17.5' Crestliner. You could go to a group 31 battery but they are much larger in size and not sure if you would have the room. Just make sure to maintain the battery with distilled water at the end of the season and store with a full charge and you should get anywhere from 3-5 years out of them.

Don

BTW I pick up my new travel trailer from the same place next week so here's hoping I have no surprizes coming my way.

• Like 1

flybum

Thanks Don.

Hopefully you have a better experience with your trailer than i did with my boat.

Hope you're healing up well!

Cheers

Bryan