• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mud trout

Great tip for finding holes in leaky waders

Guest mud trout

Maybe everyone already knows this but just in case i thought I'd pass it along.

I have waders that i gave up on years ago since i had patch them a number of times and still couldn't keep up on the leaks. I have since gone through a number of pairs of waders but hung on to that old pair. I now have three pairs including the very leaky old pair. The other two pairs developed leaks last summer. I did a search on line to find tips on repairing waders and found a method using rubbing alcohol.

Purchase rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle or transfer some to a spray bottle. Turn your waders inside out and spray the suspected area ( or do as I did and spray the entire surface area of the inside of your waders). All and any little holes that get sprayed will turn dark. This makes the holes very easy to see. Circle the holes with an indelible marker so that you have the holes marked when the waders dry. Then use the appropriate amount of wader repair ( I use Aqua Seal) as instructed on each hole. The old leaky pair had many small pin holes. I have worn them twice since the repair and they now keep me dry!

Guest mud trout

your welcome

I forgot to mention that this works on goretex waders and other similer type material. Usually with the silver type inside surface. I don't have neoprene waders so I don't know if it works on Neoprene.

Guest mud trout

good tip, thanks Duck, I did it the way I read it on line, but your way seems better for sure!

Freenorth20

thats a great tip. I always find it hard to see the very small holes, will give this a try soon.

Bunnyfoofoo

i did it all wrong i filled mine up with water and looked for leaks.....found them and repaired lol

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Guest mud trout

Soooo old school, lol

I tried that once and didn't have the strenght to get the waders high enough to find the leak. It was my modivation for finding another method.

Thefishleclair

Looks like I will repair mine after all!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB