• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mud trout

How has the fly fishing been?

Guest mud trout

So now that we have all likely had a chance to hit open water, how has everyone been doing?

I've been out a few times on my small creeks for Brookies. The trout have finally warmed up. I had very good fishing Sunday on drys, wets and streamers. Mostly on the smaller side so far.

I didn't get out for Steelhead this year, but I hope to finally challege a pike on the fly really soon.

I have the next couple days off, so a nice 4 day weekend to fish til I drop.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Pretty slow for me, I've only gone for steelhead so far, aside from one shore pike trip that had no results. Even the steelhead fishing has been sloooooooow. I'm still trying for steel, key word trying, but brookies next and then all the others, bass, pike, mixed in throughout the season.

flybum

I've got a pile of smallies and a decent pike on poppers the other day.

hookset

I was out in the float tube for pike, no fish that day. Hooked into my first brookie tonight. Would have been a good night for dries. I don't fish dries to much, and only had one that sank once it hit the faster water.

brookiebuster

Been doing great for brookies for the past few weeks. Dries and streamers.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

I am off to chase some brookies tonight. Hopefully get a couple. I'll try and have pics to follow.

Guest mud trout

I drove east as far as Black Sturgeon river yesterday. I took my switch rod along to practice some spey casting but Every river is flooded, brown and over their banks. The trip became a scouting mission and i located a couple spots that I found on google earth. All filed away for future outings.

I'll hit the creeks again tomorrow for brook trout.

I went to mckenzie last night and it was higher then ever, fished some eddies but mostly just trying out some new line I got.