• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 2112

Sexy Cheerleaders and Big Game

Guest 2112

So has everyone read this one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675807/Animal-lover-outrage-blonde-Texas-cheerleader-smiles-dozens-photos-alongside-rare-big-game-hunts-African-safaris.html

I did a fair share of reading about the topic of African game hunting a few years back and it seems there are a few species that exist only on game preserves with breeding/hunting programs. Its controlled, its legal, why not? Not to mention she's smokin' hot hugging that cheetah. Now there's talk about a TV show for her!

mooboy76

I read the CBC article on it.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/07/texas-cheerleaders-big-game-hunting-photos-enrage-animal-lovers.html

As far as I can tell, she is doing this on the level, on properly licensed safaris for the countries she visits. From what I've read or heard about African safaris, even the predators are butchered for eating so the 'eating what you hunt' argument is satisfied - if that is a requirement of yours. The twitterverse and FaceBook are an alternate reality that I don't always understand.

Looks like the squeaky wheel got some grease though:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kendall-jones-selfies-with-dead-game-removed-by-facebook-1.2695891

CSSA Member

CCFR Member

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

This is insane. She legally hunted and bagged big game. And Facebook took down photos???

What a bunch of whiners.

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I agree. Laws and regulations aren't just created out of the blue, research is done, and then they research some more before deciding what kind of regulations need to be in place for various species in order to balance the food chain. If there is a law or regulation in place that allows one to shoot a lion, then I am sure there is enough research to back why they feel you should be able to do so. If laws and regulations are followed then nobody should say boo. People who complain about hunting, don't hunt (obviously), nor do they understand why regulations and laws are what they are. They are uneducated, and simply do not know what they are talking about. The people who create these regulations do so because they have the experience, the training, the knowledge, the ability to gather the proper information, and get this, are more concerned about managing healthy populations then the people complaining. People love being armchair activists, it's easy to say boo and call her the devil on facebook, but if someone had to actually get off their butt to show their distaste, most would realize they do not care as much as they say they do. All in all. The animals she shoots are shot legally, all regulations are met, no laws are broken, and the meat DOES NOT go to waste, regardless of the predator she hunts. In this day and age people love feeling like they've done their part to save the world, problem is, liking a picture on facebook, or posting a hate filled comment on facebook, isn't going to change cr*p. But let them feel empowered, let them feel like their facebook voice is actually heard. Let them feel validated. Let them continue to whine. WA WA.

seppi

WTH ???? Where's the sexy cheerleraders ?

Seppi :wacko:

spindilla1

Y'all be lacking women in Tbay if you think that girl is hot.