• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hookset

Going the distance

hookset

Running shoes, jeans, camo jacket. Not prepared to go into the water. Big swirl on opposite side of the river just out of reach. Screw it, balls deep.

post-1600-0-76945000-1405363643_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Haha, I was recently walking along the Current River, no waders as my target spot was too deep and had lots of shore to use. Go around a bend, boom, another creek knee deep, no way around it. I ran across it so fast (runners on) that I was not even sure I touched bottom, turns out I did and as fast as I ran it ultimately did not help me stay dry one bit, soaked to the knees. But I felt I HAD to get to that spot, I did, caught nothing, but had fun trying a new spot. The things we do for fish, or in my case, the things we do too not catch fish. Either way, we are a special breed to say the least.

hookset

I was the one with the camera. I had my shoes that I wear when I'm running the rivers and shorts. I also was standing in the middle, on a rock ankle deep. I don't like hipwaders on the Current. To many heavy flow crossing. It would be a heck of a ride if I were to slip and fall in.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Right on, waters been so high this year in that spot, no fun. I prefer it to be about a foot lower. I guess we can't argue with Mother Nature. I have been having decent luck for pike and the odd Walter. Last year was an amazing year in that area. I've got a couple videos of me landing some pike and walleye there.

Thefishleclair

Lol. Friccccckkkkkk

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB