• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MDR

Bear pointers

MDR

Well I have been out towards Dog Lake area twice now. I have seen some tracks and some fairly recent sign but there are tons of berries so I am not too keen on baiting just yet. May head up 527 and try and see if I can spot and stalk.

fishingfinn

I was out bow hunting for deer today and came pretty much nose to nose with a nice black bear. Not into bear hunting, but sure gets the pulse going when you're not expecting to meet a bear in the bush, my Real Tree camo pants are a slightly darker shade now.

gsambray

I missed what was supposed to be my first bear with the bow. On the plus side i did get a nice shot on my bait barrel. Its was freaking loud and i was 25 yards away. Kinda feel sorry for the bear i missed. His head was in the barrel and its a metal drum.

• Like 1

Guest 2112

i too missed on my first bear (not bow though!). all due to impatience! stalking him too quickly! couldn't even pull off a shot off on him. hopefully this weekend!

MDR

Should be headed out this weekend but I noticed that it is supposed to rain the entire time. Anyone hunt bear in the rain with success?

milspec

Rain = Your scent hidden more and your noise reduced more.

MDR

Well I went out up 527 today. Prowled the Dorion cut off looking for sign before setting up. I then realized I had forgotten my food for the weekend....."here's your sign". So instead of calling it quits I made my way towards town and checked out some of the other logging roads in the area. I'm headed back out tomorrow to a nice blueberry field that now has a stinkbait hanging in a tree. Hopefully I can make something happen.

Also saw a bunch of deer including one monster buck. Doesn't look to bad for deer season this year :)