• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

"Pet Partridge"?

Iron Ranger

Has anyone had a "Pet Partridge" hang around while you are out in the yard? We have one that will come in to the yard while I am mowing with the lawn tractor. He will follow me around while mowing, sometimes getting close enough to be sprayed by the discharge chute. We have about an acre that we mow with forest on three sides and he follows me the whole time just about every time I mow. He has even followed me when I run the tractor in the pole barn when I am done. It's very enjoyable to have him around. I think he gets a free pass once the season opens.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

milspec

Make a little orange vest for him and bring him hunting.

Iron Ranger

I'm not quite sure what you are getting to. I really thought having the bird following me on the mower was pretty nice. I've been hunting the birds for going on 50 years now.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

naden

Theres videos on you tube of bob bearman from nipigon with a pet partridge that follows him into his tree stand and sits with him in the stand

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I lived in nipigon and had friendly grouse in my backyard every year. I lived right in town and they even came into the house the odd time for a meal of corn. They were awesome. As a kid I wanted to hunt them but my dad forbid it. They were some friendly birds, that's for sure. I remember watching "homeward bound" with a couple grouse on the couch beside me.

pbear

I think the orange vest was to prevent others from shooting him. Get some pictures!

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

this is kinda funny. didn't know they were so social

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

milspec

Yes the orange vest to prevent people from shooting him/her.

randomheroj

my grandmother had 6 or 7 pets in kashabowie for 3 years they lived in the garage..then my uncles shot them.. i thought my grandmother was going to shoot my uncles...