• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

7 pm tonight

Thefishleclair

Going to Centenial Park to chuck some bugs, Anyone wanna show up and talk shop and flies Ill be there in a Silver Ford with the boat rack....And Ill be getting wet to chase the brookies/bows!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

gsambray

Wish i woulda seen this sooner. I coulda hit u up for some pointers to help my horrible casting

Thefishleclair

If the weather is good tomorrow night I might go out for the last cast of the speck season. In 2 trips i have mannaged 3 brookies a nice bow and 2 river minnows. All put back for another day.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Hauntedyards

Wish i woulda seen this sooner. I coulda hit u up for some pointers to help my horrible casting

This may seems cheesy to some but as someone just getting into recreational fly fishing (for pike mainly)...

I ordered one of these to work on casting technique.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B009DSOJM0/ref=pe_386430_30332290_TE_3p_dp_1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4C9ZMtySrk

flybum

Orvis makes the practicaster and echo makes a decent one as well.

I'm lucky enough to have a HUGE area at work that I cast in during the winter months but I have played with the orvis one and it's pretty fun. The echo makes a Spey adapter for theirs if you were ever interested.

Guest Hauntedyards

I don't even have my rod yet... I basically want to start fly fishing for pike and I know a few guys at Pike Strike Sweden who all rave about Vision rods and reels so I was going to order the Vision Pike outfit to start. I called Jocelin LeBlanc from Le Repère Des Moucheurs in Quebec who is has been fly fishing pike for decades, is the Vision dealer and he basically told me he could order the kit for me but refused and instead set me up with a way better setup, large arbor aluminum reel, extra rolls of steel tippet, 7 of his custom pike flies and a bunch of extras for the same price as the intro kit from Vision. Taxes and free shipping included.

Sometimes you find a business owner that is so passionate about what he does he can't even sell someone what they want but instead gives them what they need. Never been happier someone with a thick french accent called me and used the word "crappy" so many times on the phone... LOL

Can't wait to get out there!