• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pbear

Game Processing

AB

Sorry. I mean outside in an insulated shed, not in a refrigerated one

Exactly like my shed. At night I can open the doors to let the cool air in and then close it up to keep it cool.

Problem is the daytime heating will bring the temperature up inside the closed up building, creating a problem for me. If it falls below freezing, I just leave the lights on (incandescent bulbs) and its enough to keep the temperature above freezing.

Grab a cheap outdoor thermometer and put it inside your building. Check it to see how your building reacts to daytime heating.

That's how I figured out what range I had to play with to keep the meat cool and below the danger zone.

iceman

eddylives

One method I have used to hang game is to install a window air conditioner in an insulated space........keeps a small space very cool with little cost to operate if you have an insulated shed.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest StatusCard2014

I just dropped off a front quarter of a moose to LA foods. See how it goes. Suppose to be done this weekend

hookset

North country I think is a straight up $150 a moose. I think that includes Vac pak. Franks Locker-L.A. foods is 55cents a pond and is wrapped in papper. Mike from sausage pro is working for Franks Locker-L.A. foods and will be making sausage there, so I've heard. Franks has a nice cooler with rails so your animal is haning. I have been cutting moose and deer for around 14 years now. I do the the cutting and the hunters do the wrapping. That way you see what you're getting.

hookset

I talked with the owner of Franks locker today and he said they will be doing sauasage this year and it will be the same as sausage pro. Not sure about the pricing though.

• Like 1

Bottom Bouncer

I butchered my own dear last year and dropped of my trimmings to North Country for sausage. I ordered mild sausages with cheese in them and they were great. Mind you the trimmings were a very high quality. I will go back again.

REELBAIT

Guest Beamer

Moose shot Monday @ 9:00 am , out of the bush and home on Tuesday, cleaned-up and realized it was too warm to hang it, we cleaned it up and took it to European meats late on Wednesday. Moose was cut and wrapped and ready to go on Saturday 9;00 am, price was good considering we got 4 types of sausage ( Garlic Ham Kielbasa, Pepperettes, Cheddar Jalapeno Smokies and Fresh Hot Italian Sauasage. There weren't too busy and overall we were pleased with what they provided given the short notice and that they were able to take it. The fresh meat was cut and wrapped, moose was 500 lbs butcher ready and the price to cut/wrap was 235.00, sausages were extra, overall we were pleased, would like to have had the sausages packaged but that is extra also and I do have a vaccum sealer myself.

IMG_5898_zpsf40de2cd.jpg

IMG_5901_zpsf7211543.jpg

IMG_5903_zpsebe17b09.jpg

IMG_5899_zps5b41bd6b.jpg