• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Fall fly fishing.

I've been out a fair bit lately checking local rivers and am seeing a very healthy population of rainbows, fat and well fed, also have been getting quite a few bass but pike have seemed to slow down. I haven't seen any salmon yet in any of the local rivers despite some reports of them being in the rivers. I still thinks it's going to be a little bit before the run kicks into gear. So far this "fall" nymphs have been the ticket, mainly GRHE, PT, and prince nymphs. Not a lot of luck on dries. Streamers are giving up the odd fish but nymphs are by far the winner. I've checked the CR and mckenzie with CR giving up steady fish. Going back to mckenzie tonight to take another look. I'm heading out this weekend in the boat as well to see if I can find the salmon further out into the lake. How's all the other fly fishers doing?

tronnyd88

ive gotten out a few times lately on the macintire... havnt caught anything the last few times but ive been using dries.... ive noticed the rainbow population seems good in the mac... i hope to get out once or twice this week ill deffinetely toss a nymph and hope for better luck

tronnyd88

if anyone knows of any open brookie lakes that arnt to hard to get into. i would like to still do sum spec fishing since its closed in the river

brookiebuster

Any stocked lake is open. Check out the stocking list.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Freenorth20

Well, spent the day/evening at the Arrow River. It was a good learning experience, but man... those browns live up to their reputation. I didn't catch one but there were more than enough bass to keep me entertained for the day.

flybum

Been there! Well... Essentially... I was at the pigeon before and got baby bass a plenty!

hookset

Hooked into a rainbow at the mouth of the current today. Lost one and had a heck of a good strike. Saw lots of fish rising.

flybum

i was going to go there tonight... but i didn't... lol. I'm hoping for tomorrow evening.

I've caught a TON of bows there this year, any size to the one you got Hookset?

hookset

Not bad. around 15" From the cork to the butt of my rod is 11"

post-1600-0-57488300-1411852717_thumb.jp

hookset

I'm going back Tues morning.

Thefishleclair

Ill see u there.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Hauntedyards

Caught a 10" rainbow and a baby steelhead yesterday down on the Baptism and Poplar Rivers.

1zwxnl.jpg