• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Spectre

Birds

Spectre

Hows everyone doing for birds so far? Started out decent on monday we got 6, but yesterday only came away with one. Haven't seen any on the main roads where I was gettting them last year.

Wopfisher

I went out Monday got nothing but then again it was a quick trip after school so didn't get that much time in heading out Sunday again tho not leaving till I get my limit so it better be good lol

Guest 2112

get off the roads and walk in the bush! also the bush is so thick still, i got out 3 times this week and they are definitely out there. Some F-in donkey home was nice to leave two sitting under a chair rotting at one of the pits right off barnum. i also stumbled across a grow op! good times!

AmateurHourAngling

I have my license and everything but how much does it cost to go buy the small game license

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

And where can I buy it

-JADEN

levi64

They better watch out its hunting season

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling

Terrible today...didn't even see a bird or even hear a drum. Tried three different roads up spruce river

-JADEN

Spectre

Did a little better on Friday, went out and got my limit in a couple hours. Then Saturday took the wife out and we got 6, majority were on our way out at sunset though. Finding a lot of groups though, will see one on the edge of the road and there will be 3 or 4 more in the bush everytime.

RH.

Got limit saturday and sunday, didnt see too many on the main roads, all were on the side roads

Zackcorbin1401

Was out today going fishing not hunting seen 2 smaller birds

naden

Shot two spruce hens yesterday that were together. One had the usual dark meat, and the other was about half way between a ruffed and spruce. Ive shot a few of these over the years and am just curious are they half breeds or young birds or is it because of their diet? I saw 3 spruce and 5 ruffed yesterday while I was out.

randomheroj

ya there are cross breeding going on damn redneck birds...

• Like 1

Wopfisher

Went out today got our limits seen all of them on main road but thats just the area we were in if your hunting anywhere else definitely stick with side roads

Guest 2112

are they a little smarter this year or am I a little slower? Ever god damn bird ive seen has got away so far!

Wopfisher

Honestly I noticed that to there really jumpy this year the only time they really stood still was first thing in the morning when they were to cold to move

Guest Derrick T

Cant even get close enough to pop a 410 into them. Way to skiddish. Maybe I need to snipe with a .22

Iron Ranger

Here in Northern MN the partridge hunting has been pretty good. A nice mix of young birds and older ones. The coveys have not dispersed yet so it should only get better. I have been hunting with my two Springers and that no doubt has helped. Definitely more birds this year than last year.

My little "pet partridge" that has been boldly hanging around the homestead is still alive and well. See picture enclosed. That photo was taken with out any zoom on the lense. He is a friendly little guy.

post-861-0-52268200-1411650641_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-64101400-1411650703_thumb.jpg

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

milspec

I still think you should make that bird a little orange coat so no one shoots him. I'm sure you could trap or catch it somehow.

nwodeerhunter

I was up the Armstrong Hwy last Saturday with my oldman, brother and my Brittany Spaniel. Rain and wind all day, we saw 10 but could only manage to get 3. As others have said, they are very skiddish.

Back this way in Sioux I have made a few trips out after work to some roads closer to town with no luck. I went out on Tuesday after work, a little further away but only had about 2 hours of daylight, saw 4 and got 3. This season seems to be starting out rather slow, especially since we saw so many throughout the summer.

Happy hunting!

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

Iron Ranger

I still think you should make that bird a little orange coat so no one shoots him. I'm sure you could trap or catch it somehow.

I'm not all that worried about someone shooting him. My home is on 40 acres and very rarely will someone come in the drive.

As far as catching him, I already have picked him up in my arms. I was in the pole barn and both garage doors were open. He just wandered in and was checking things out. After awhile he got confused and hopped up on a work bench with a window above it and got a little freaked out. I walked over to him and picked him up. I brought him to one of the open doors and set him down. He left for about half hour and returned back in the pole barn. It's been very enjoyable having him around.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

scandiman

Shot my limit last night and saw 12. Numbers seem pretty decent thus far, comparatively to last year. I haven't noticed any difference in the usual behaviour of the grouse. Some are more skittish than others, but that has always been the case in my experiences hunting grouse.

MDR

My usual haunts all have very skittish birds. Can't even get close enough before they head to the bush.

Wopfisher

In my experience bird hunting I noticed its usually different in different areas, a place that has lots of hunters usually has birds that are more skittish but then you go to a place farther where there's not to many hunters and you notice the birds are a little more calm and you can usually get a pretty good shot at them that's just how its been for me from my experience

MR.SAFETY

did well today for birds. 17 birds showed themselves and we managed our limit of 10 including a few spruce hens. we saw 3 moose which was really nice to see. met up with a CO had a good chat and as always ,informative and even helpful. even with the misty rain the birds were still around. not many people though. back roads were quiet where we were today. it was a great day for my family in the woods. I am now starting to see through my children's eyes. Wow its awesome watching them develop into young outdoorsmen .