• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beamer

2014 Archery Bull

Guest Beamer

Arrowed a nice bull this past week, things were going good with lots of moose calling and running around. On Monday morning we did our usual 3 man set up with me in the middle calling, after my first set of calls a cow started calling back and was obviously in heat. I decided to go in to the area as the calls were static and walked into this nice bull tending a cow with a calf running around also. I bumped the bull at about 8 yards but had the wind in my favour, stalked him again and managed to get a shot off at what I estimated was 30 to 40 yards. I watched the lite nock hit him in the ribs a bit high and back but definitely a kill shot. He bolted with a calf running out behind him also standing there for a moment looking at me, I passed the calf knowing the bull was a decent size and enough for the 3 of us. Tracked and found him about 80 yards away, very exciting hunt, although short with the warm weather.

DSC02326_zpsfec8b9cb.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

congarts!! nice shot randy. i love when you have several animals calling, those are exciting days.

just curious, on your setup , lbs ,draw length arrow weigh BH type.

pass through?

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

RLK

Great job again Randy. Yummy!

Guest Beamer

congarts!! nice shot randy. i love when you have several animals calling, those are exciting days.

just curious, on your setup , lbs ,draw length arrow weigh BH type.

pass through?

BowTech Guardian Lefthand 72# 29" draw length 440 grain arrow broadhead combination (Easton/Muzzy),

fixed broad head, broken rib in, broken rib going out complete pass through never found my arrow

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Amazing to think an arrow can pass right through that much mass. Well done indeed.

Guest Beamer

Amazing to think an arrow can pass right through that much mass. Well done indeed.

It will if you use heavy enough arrows, to much emphasis on speed these days. I don't like shooting knitting needles just to say how fast my bow shoots, my carbons are almost 12 grains per inch and hit with authority. There is no substitute for good ole Kinetic energy :)

and easier to track an animal with an exit wound.

Kaptain Kirk

Congrats Randy.

Guest Munshaw

Beautiful animal, looks like a lot of good meat.

I've never hunted moose with my bow before. I imagine its a lot of spot and stalking?

Guest Beamer

We call more than we stalk but when the opportunity and situation presents itself stalking is the only option