• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

anyone see mnr

gsambray

All weekend out hunting and no mnr. Did get checked by opp on escape lake road but all they were interested in was if I was drinking. Didn't even ask about my gun or vehicle. Seems be be a lack of checking this year. Anyone else notice this the last two hunting seasons?

Foozer

We were passed over several times by helicopter and we're pulled over by MNR when we drove out of our spot.

It's unfortunate they do not have enough personnel to have any impact. I have no problem seeing more of them out there.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

levi64

They stopped and talked to us up in Beardmore. Checked license. No Problems. Not that I'd want to be running into them everytime i go out hunting.

You sound disappointed Gsambray.

gsambray

i like seeing them out there. with there presence it makes some people think before some actions. Ive got nothing to hide and heck sometimes when im out by myself its nice to have someone to talk to for a few minutes lol.

Guest 2112

i have yet to bump into one in 2 serious seasons of hunting. Came across one on black bay and another who just drove right by us on Lac this winter. There is a spot though i always saw 3 cars parked maybe 10km up 527. one day coming this spring coming back from a bear hunt the MNR were TEARING their stuff apart.

SherpaJ

I've never seen a c.o while out hunting. Fishing on the other hand, they seem to follow me. But I too would like to see them much more, especially around close to home where deer are getting poached quite often off my property.

levi64

i like seeing them out there. with there presence it makes some people think before some actions. Ive got nothing to hide and heck sometimes when im out by myself its nice to have someone to talk to for a few minutes lol.

I tried talking to the moose but I think they are snubing me. :blink:

brookiebuster

Last time I was checked by a CO was 3 seasons ago on opening day. Havent seen one since.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

pbear

No COs this weekend. We had one check everyone last year who was very concerned about the time that shots were fired. Lucky for us we were mooseless.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

3 years for me maybe 4 both season's. Had a survey on lac by someone with mnr. But haven't been asked for papers in a while

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Fishbum

Seen em all over this weekend. Plus helicopter flying around. Was stopped twice in three days by diff guys and seen two there vehicle. I'd say they were making a presence where I was ! Good to see !!!

scandiman

I haven't seen one while out hunting. I have no issue with seeing one, however, I know a few folks that have been approached by them while in their hunting spot just before dark. Talk about ruining a hunt for someone. All they had to do was wait 30-40 minutes at their truck and ask to see their license at that point.

Spectre

No but we sure could have used one this weekend when someone in our party was threatened by a couple guys from a group from southern ontario...

Guest Haas

Haven't been checked in a few years but I did hear they were up towards Savanne River opening morning. Apparently they were driving around on their side by side before first light on Saturday and stayed for most of the morning. The guy I talked with wasn't even upset that they drove down to the end of the short cut road and back before he even got out of his truck in the morning. Although it's nice to see them out I am not sure I would feel the same way if they drove through the cut I was hunting right before first light. I didn't hear of any charges but apparently a bull was confiscated somewhere around whitefish lake. Don't know of the details though.

naden

Saw the helicopter out on opening day and was pulled over by a c.o. in a truck early saturday morning.

Guest Derrick T

Stopped twice in one day by two diff ones. Didnt even check for a pal. Only concern was if we were moose hunting. Weird

naden

Stopped twice in one day by two diff ones. Didnt even check for a pal. Only concern was if we were moose hunting. Weird

ive never had to show a pal to a c.o. I dont think they enforce firearms licensing

BP76

I think they will if you give them a reason to, giving "attitude" or whatever. But for the most part I don't think they bother about PALS.

gsambray

Ive asked a c.o. if he wanted my pal before and was told it was none of his concern if i had it or not. I have been asked by opp when they were with a c.o. before.

Iron Ranger

Earlier this week I headed out in the late afternoon to take advantage of the evening hunt. I had the dogs loaded in the back of the truck. I hit the tote road I wanted to hunt. As soon as I started down the tote road I noticed a truck right behind me. The truck followed me the length of the tote road (single road, just ruts). The road empties in a logging cut. I parked the truck and got out. The truck behind me (DNR warden) parked right behind me. I went to the back of the truck, let my dogs out, pulled my shotgun out of the back, loaded it and headed off in to the bush with the dogs. I looked back at the DNR officer and he was standing at his truck like he got stood up for date. As I was about to hit the bush, I asked him if he needed something. He said no, everything is good. He had a ride along and I have been wondering what he told the ride along. I was running late and the sun was setting fast, I was in a hurry.

I guess at times you get grumpy when you get older.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Iron Ranger

Sorry, I should add I got checked by the young lad in a different area. Good kid and I applaud him for having a ride along. He's just out of training and I told him I'm sure we will meet up again.

After putting him thru that, I guess I owe him lunch somewhere.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

naden

Ive also asked a c.o. if he wanted to see my pal and all he replied was no

naden

I have never been asked to produce registration papers for firearms either when the long gun registry was still enforced

gsambray

A c.o. was up whistle creek area this weekend digging bullets out of a cow that was shot and left. Like WTF!!!!!!! what's wrong with people. If anyone has any info about this please please please help out in busting the scum who did this.

• Like 1

tracker

When and where was the cow shot? I was up that way all weekend, hunted the Whistle at the Tony Mac end. Only shots heard was on Sunday morning coming from the south. Wasn't many hunters on my end.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{