• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RH.

"Bleat in heat"

RH.

Has anyone ever tried one of these things for deer? Someone gave me one and i am wondering if it actually works, it seems like a toy you would give to kids, not a deer call. Its those ones that are cylinder shaped that you turn over to get it to make the sound

• Like 1

ghart

couple bleats, couple soft tending grunts - next week maybe.

Called 2 out last year (came a running) one within 5 minutes of sitting down

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

gsambray

I use one of those every hunt with good success

RH.

What about those "rattle master pro" things that are in the bag that have pieces of wood in them used for rattling?

pbear

Is it better to rattle or bleat from tree stand or ground blind? Does it matter?

Monks

I'll try and answer a few posts above as I leave Thursday for my deer hunt on LOTW. I've been studying and learning deer behaviour even more so than I have smallmouth. Yes plug for smart rear end comment lol! I've done better with big bucks than smallies. Regardless you need to spend the time in the field. I've had bucks come to rattling, bleats and breaking sticks with grunts. Read all you can then try it out. The key is that most these tactics work for me best during the rut. Now the rut is a series of events that take place over a period of time. Much like bass or walleye move to different structure n depth over the season. Learn the phases of the rut an then be in the field as much as you can. I have trail cams out all year including the winter. I learn their staging and feeding areas and travel routes. I actually enjoy scouting as much as hunting. As for alling or rattling from a treestand. Both. I have a rattle bag in the stand and then tethered from a rope a set of antlers hangin down from my stand. My biggest buck came while I jiggled a set of antlers from my treestand with a rope. Wasn't my idea but picked it up along the way. As for does bleating. Booke why does bleat during the rut. Then apply accordingly. Good luck. Loading up the boat tomorrow and then off to hunt the cold waters of lake of the woods for a week :)))

• Like 1