• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

Jayfishin

12" of solid ice from birch to coffin, everything frozen solid today. Lots of small ice cracks but no ridges to worry about yet. Fishin was slow. 4-6" of snow on ice. Lots of shacks headin out today.

Jay

mikejson

Just talked to Gary.

Fees are $300 this year (dunno if that was confirmed yet or not)

He was out plowing in Sawmill this morning and said everything was good.

Shack is goin out tomorrow :D

RN54

$300 for fees is confirmed ,shows on white board outside office ,road plowed halfway to birch island by gary

Porkchop21

Anyone been around pine point lately? Wondering about ice conditions and how fishing has been. Might bring the fiancée out tomorrow.

spinnfly

Was at Pine Point today...very, very slow. We saw quite a few fish on the flashers but nothing would hit. There was approximately 12 inches of ice. Good luck.

McGinnis_Fishing

We were out past coffin from sawmill bay and same thing, saw lots of fish on the flashers but limited bites. Caught a few tiny pike and that was it. I was thinking the fish were a bit finiky because of the pressure yesterday? I could be wrong though. We tried every presentation possible.

pbear

On Saturday I was cleaning up the mess from moving the shack (note to self, bins for everything) and jacking it up. My 7 year old son kept fishing the entire time and out fished me 4 to 2. 3 15-16" pickerel, one pinner, and two pike. I tried another method for filleting the pike we kept that I found on YouTube. I will be eating pike while the rest of the family eat pickerel, not convinced that all the bones are out. All of the fish came between 2 and 4:30. We stayed until 6:00 but no further action.

dgainer

What are the people with shacks at Pine Point (me included) doing this year after being advised of drastic increase in rates ?

I think its a little unfair to do this at the beginning of the ice fishing season when its really too late to start moving a shack elsewhere.

I tried to speak to Bill(one of the owners but he is gone till March.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Hey pbear,

Was that you with your son at the derby site beside the guy flooding the ice for a rink?

• Like 1

Domer

First trip or the year to lac on Sunday. Fishing was good but not great. We landed 12 walleyes. Released to unders and I caught one nice walleye measuring 26". This fish was very deep and girthy. Took a few picks and away she went back into the lake. Conditions were great. Can't wait to get back out again.

post-377-0-48642000-1418702651_thumb.jpg

Domer

Can someone edit this photo for me. WAsnt able to flip it around

Jayfishin

Nice Fish Dom. That's Nathan with you?

Jay

pbear

Hey pbear,

Was that you with your son at the derby site beside the guy flooding the ice for a rink?

Lyle Reiner

That was me and Josh (silver minnow) pulling the green shack with the beige super doodie.

Anyone know how much snow they got?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Some Old Guy

Got a half a foot here and still snowing.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Hey PBear,

I thought that must have been you after reading your post about your son out fishing you. I was talking to the guy next to us watching your son jig his heart out and within like 5 min he caught 3 fish. I was pretty impressed to say the least! I almost walked over there to ask him to go show lyle how to catch a fish! :)

• Like 1

pbear

It was a good day to be a dad. He will be teaching me a few tricks in the next few years. Who knew that jerking the minnow 2 feet up then leaving it on bottom was a killer technique for walleye. Must be a natural, but he didn't learn that one from me.

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

I haven't been to pine point in years I don't remember how to get there can someone help me out?

Lyle Reiner

Drive past sawmill bay Rd. Keep going till you see lac Des mille lac road and follow it to the end.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada