• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

Guest DarrenRackShack

Yeah, our shack is at coffin, at the end of the road. I was out there Xmas eve to Xmas day with my Nissan Frontier. It was a bit of a rough drive in spots because of my narrower wheel base, was bounding between ruts...had to try and stay out of them as much as possible. Still could get out in 2 wheel drive but around the shack in the slush I used 4x4. Fishing was a bit slow, seemed to hit at daybreak.

hank

We pulled our shack out Fri. Archie was plowing out to his shacks around 2:00. My son plowed back to the landing on the way out. Road is good with some water close to the landing so keep speed down and let harden up.

hank

When went out to take the shack out Fri. we discovered that someone had taken our 10x 4 foot deck. I guess they need it more than we do but hope we don't find it at another shack. Sure hope this is a isolated incident.

Guest Pa1m3r

To the guy on the red sled today by coffin; u lost ur polaris storage bag. Gladly give it back. Just lemme know who u r

Domer

Had a great day fishing today. We got 20 keepers, released 5 others including my personal best walleye on the ice at 31 inches. Waiting for my brother to send the picture. Best looking walleye I have ever seen out of that lake. It was in mint shape. I wanted to keep her but my better judgement said to let her go back. Will post as soon as I get the pic. Three weeks in a row with a trophy walleye. Last week landed a 29".

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Can't wait to ses pics domer

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Some Old Guy

Yeah no kidding. Start calling your brother. Like now!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

fisherdude

My buddy got. 32 and a 33 the other day, il try and get the pics once he gets them off his phone. Seems like everyone's getting some pigs so far. Can't wait to get out myself.

Phil

Had a great day fishing today. We got 20 keepers, released 5 others including my personal best walleye on the ice at 31 inches. Waiting for my brother to send the picture. Best looking walleye I have ever seen out of that lake. It was in mint shape. I wanted to keep her but my better judgement said to let her go back. Will post as soon as I get the pic. Three weeks in a row with a trophy walleye. Last week landed a 29".

LOL! ROSSA, thank God Dino showed you that spot. Wheres the pics?

ribneck

Was out at pine point yesterday there was about 6 inches of snow and 14 inches of ice everywhere was drive able fishing was terrible caught 1 pike all day between 3 of us and talked to 2 others parties out there that had been fishing all weekend with no success other then a few ling

McGinnis_Fishing

Hows fishing at sawmill bay been? Heading out tomorrow morning

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've heard good and bad reports. Went recently and got 4 Walters, 2 pike, 1 perch and a super fat ling that tasted great on the Barby. Drove all over. Flasher picked up lots but they would sit and watch, changing to spoons helped a bit. Mostly hitting on buckshot spoons tipped with minnow butt. Jig em like your life depends on it, set lines did little.

McGinnis_Fishing

Thanks brodie! Just getting on the lakr now, ill report how we did sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the tips

Guest Nwhewitson

Im heading out this afternoon, will post updates. Hopefully the low-pressure system gets 'em wound up :)

Northoman

I just got back from an overnighter at Sugar Shack with 3 adults and 3 kids over 2 days and we came home with 1 pike. We (the adults) would jig for a few hours then set the lines for a while……not even a nibble. The kids reported a large strike on one of their lines in the their shack but whatever it was snapped the line. Lots of blowing snow out there today but the road was passable when you could see it.

offroader

Went out on Dec.30 with a party of 5 (Sugar Shack- Coffin Is.) 7 hrs. steady fishing....... working 10 holes (jigging and set lines) produced 5 smaller pike (good eating size) and 1 keeper eye'. I guess the pike like those Sugar Shacks...lotsa' fresh bait for them to steal off the hooks. :ninja:

Next time we'll cover some new areas with more "hopeful" potential.

shmanks

heading out to lac tomorrow for the night will post my report tomorrow too :)

McGinnis_Fishing

Well we didnt do great this weekend but it was steady. Saturday it was snowing sideways all day but managed 2 walleye and 3 nice perch all over 10" then today we tried to fish the best we could but when we woke up it was -43. We ended up with 1 more walleye and 2 more perch. All in all a good couple days.

Guest Nwhewitson

Went out Saturday, 5 walleye, one under. Sunday? slimers. The walleye were barely hitting either day, just playing with it. Went through the full range of hardware from various jigheads to buckshot spoons. Really lousy fishing and as near as I could tell we were among the more successful folks out there.

Guest Nwhewitson

And as if the fishing wasn't bad enough, my battery froze leaving me with a touch of hypothermia and a $600 tow truck bill. 😡

offroader

And as if the fishing wasn't bad enough, my battery froze leaving me with a touch of hypothermia and a $600 tow truck bill. 😡

Hard to afford very many of those $1000 type fishing trips! :smiley-violent088:

Some Old Guy

It was so cold out there a few years ago I took my battery out of the truck and had it in the shack with me!

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Barrski

Spare battery in the shack and a 4ft piece of 5" furnace duct pipe with a 90 degree elbow and propane tiger torch directed through pipe towards engine block. Not to be left unattended. Worked great when we went to the cabin for 3-4 days

Barrski

Lyle Reiner

Almost had the same problem in December. Went to start truck for the morning and wouldn't start. Turns out ground cable was loose

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada