• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

black bay

scandiman

Hey all, I lost a yellow jiffy stealth auger blade cover yesterday on the way out on black bay. I rode my sled in from my house on the Hurkett loop so it's possible it was lost on the Hurkett dock road or on the trail out.

If anyone finds it please PM me.

Cheers,

Markus

bobo

Hi.

i have a couple questions for ya all. I haven't been out there this year as of yet

Do u need a extension on the auger out there yet?

Is the snowmachine trail out there and over ridge marked with pine bows like years past?

Thnx in advance for any info

brad

scandiman

Haven't seen any bows this year but the trail is usually pretty well worn.

Ridge is pretty big right now but passable in some areas. Especially with all the recent snow.

I would definitely bring the auger extension. I was almost bottoming out the auger last week, with out it.

Bites been slow but keep moving around till you find em and you'll go home happy.

Best of luck

crazyctr

Hi.

i have a couple questions for ya all. I haven't been out there this year as of yet

Do u need a extension on the auger out there yet?

Is the snowmachine trail out there and over ridge marked with pine bows like years past?

Thnx in advance for any info

brad

hi brad if you got an extension bring it its getting very close to needing it

no i never marked the trail this year i got tired of replacing the trees last year after inconsiderate people keep running them over

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

Some Old Guy

No Dorian is not past the ice ridge. It's way before that. On the high way.

Roger

P.S. Just yanking your chain! Welcome to TBF!

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crazyctr

Is Dorion past the ice ridge?

there is no place to get away from the ridge it runs all the way from pearl bay to the black sturgeon river and past

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

mother nature at her nastiest here are two victims of yesterdays wind storm. does anybody know whos hut the bottom one is ive notafied the owner of the top one but dont know who owns the other one

post-1941-0-94301700-1424050219_thumb.jp

post-1941-0-91140900-1424050448_thumb.jp

hbaits.jpg

tatoudsuzuki

Could be Noels hut.. not sure but if it is hes aware its on its side

RH.

Is it still possible to drill holes without an extension?

Guest Pa1m3r

Was out there yesterday. It is possible but would recommend bringing an extension if you got one. It will be real close.

Drifter

hi brad if you got an extension bring it its getting very close to needing it

no i never marked the trail this year i got tired of replacing the trees last year after retards keep running them over

Funny how last year you were catering to handicapped people and this year people are referred to as retards.... just awesome as as local business person..

• Like 2

Jelly Belly

Thank you Gary. Russell and I looking forward To the fishing in march

Guest 70bud

so somebody comments about the use of a middle ages term and gets their post removed yet the original post remains what a joke

ribneck

Ya I agree that is totally unacceptable

Some Old Guy

Ribneck. I get what you are saying. But Many words have different meanings when used in different contexts. I don't think he meant it directed at people with a disability.

I didn't remove the post. One of the mods must have. I put it back and let your statement stay and maybe it'll get a response.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I agree with both Roger and everyone else for different reasons. I know Gary, and I honestly don't believe he meant it to be offensive in any way but on the other hand I can totally see how some would take it as being offensive. Its definitely not a word that should be thrown around but I just think it was a matter of Gary just not thinking before he wrote it! I'm sure he will comment when he sees this thread.

ribneck

I understand that but in this day off age you should think before you say something espcially considering like the comment said he is a local business man but I was talking more about how the comment was removed

• Like 1

Kaptain Kirk

I think it was just an old figure of speech, With No Harm intended, Lets Get Back to Fishing Related Thoughts.........

• Like 1

levi64

I think only one person took the comment out of context, now days everyone looks for a slip like that to jump on someone and get all righteous.

I saw the same thing on Lac, a nice straight set of branches set out because the road was hard to see. And 4 snowmobiles riding right over the markers all the way out. Takes alot of time and effort to place the markers, I wouldn't be replacing them even after one incident of stupidity.. Oh and sorry if I offend any stupid people

• Like 2

levi64

Can anyone tell me how the bite has been on Black Bay, Looking at going out in the next week.

shmanks

it's not even close to steelhead season and the drama is starting haha.

Looking to get out to blackbay in a couple of weeks....when is the last week that all the shacks need to be off of the bay? and i am also wondering how the bite has been lately.

RH.

Shacks need to be off the ice march 31, page 11 of the 2015 regs