• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

black bay

gsambray

How's the ice forming on black bay? Hoping for a shack rental for new years.

crazyctr

it will be a couple more weeks yet hopefully we dont get any more snow to slow down the freeze ill keep everyone posted

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

theres 6 inches of ice closer to shore ill be going out sunday to check farther out ill keep everyone posted

hbaits.jpg

ribneck

What time of year is usually the best for perch fishing out there ?

crazyctr

as soon as u can get out there then it slows down in the cold dog days of january and picks up around the middle of february but every year is different

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

went out about a mile from the dock to where the ice ridge is was 9 inches of ice all the way there. didnt cross the ridge ill give it another week and try again.did try fishing in 18 feet of water got 3 nice perch and released a 2 pound wally

• Like 2

hbaits.jpg

gsambray

Looking forward to new years. My buddy booked the 4 person 8x16 hut and were spending 3 nights out there. Had a blast on a day trip last winter. Hopefully 3 nights will be enough lol

crazyctr

post-1941-0-92352300-1417571531_thumb.jppost-1941-0-88199000-1417571585_thumb.jppost-1941-0-75025900-1417571632_thumb.jp

went out on black bay today got some very nice perch 5 over 11 inches and the rest were in the 9 to 11 inch range.the fishing was slow at times but we still ended up with 22 perch and missed quite a few too. the largest was over 14 inches

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

i will be taking more huts out on thursday

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

let the fun begin ive got 5 huts out there now and pulling 2 more out tomorrow. the bite is a little slow at times but the perch are averaging between 9 and 14 inches. had 3 guys out yesterday they caught 15 perch with 7 of them over 11 inches rest were around 10 inches

post-1941-0-59388300-1417728370_thumb.jp

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

Jayfishin

Gary,

Hows the ice conditions as far as ridges, etc as well as snow on ice? Thinking of bringing kids out Saturday...and they like to sled around while I fish. May do a shack rental uf I decide to go?

Jay

crazyctr

Gary,

Hows the ice conditions as far as ridges, etc as well as snow on ice? Thinking of bringing kids out Saturday...and they like to sled around while I fish. May do a shack rental uf I decide to go?

Jay

theres a few ridges nothing major yet. theres about 2 inches snow on the ice. theres a foot of ice

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

Wildcat

Thanks Gary for the shack and great service, went out Friday with my wife, daughter and granddaughter, my daughter caught her biggest fish ever 38'' 18 pound pike, it was caught on 8 lb test took about 20 min, and my granddaughter (3 years old) caught 3, first time ice fishing for her(she asked this morning when we can go again). i will try and post some pictures just having trouble trying to do it, can't wait to get back out.

Gerry

Wildcat

post-116-0-35127000-1417886049_thumb.jpgpost-116-0-30529800-1417886081_thumb.jpgpost-116-0-27896000-1417886119_thumb.jpgpost-116-0-06781900-1417886158_thumb.jpg And you can't beat that sunset, well maybe in Cuba

• Like 2

allymeagan

How late is it worth staying out on black bay?

allymeagan

i'm out here now and no luck, worth staying?

crazyctr

black bay is sleds only right now the ridge is to unstable to cross with atv`s. at around 330 today the ridge shifted around 4 feet in places

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

johnr

So....had my wife and daughter out for their first ice fishing trip. I told them that I would bring the tent, heater and lawn chairs so they could play cards and be comfortable. Explained that the gatekeeper [Gary] patrols the area and sets up only when safe. Set up the tent just off the ice ridge, Gary drove up and said hello, beautiful day, they caught a few perch, had a little lunch and I was pretty confident that I had new fishing buddies for the winter.That two second "earthquake" changed everything......Anyone want to go fishing with me this winter?

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

Hahahaha! I remember my first earthquake too!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crazyctr

So....had my wife and daughter out for their first ice fishing trip. I told them that I would bring the tent, heater and lawn chairs so they could play cards and be comfortable. Explained that the gatekeeper [Gary] patrols the area and sets up only when safe. Set up the tent just off the ice ridge, Gary drove up and said hello, beautiful day, they caught a few perch, had a little lunch and I was pretty confident that I had new fishing buddies for the winter.That two second "earthquake" changed everything......Anyone want to go fishing with me this winter?

i hear that john it sounded like a mack truck crashing through my hut when it hit

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

the ice ridge is still working if you plan on going out with an atv bring planks about 8 feet long to cross just to be safe sleds are no problem crossing the ridge just go slow

hbaits.jpg

scandiman

the ice ridge is still working if you plan on going out with an atv bring planks about 8 feet long to cross just to be safe sleds are no problem crossing the ridge just go slow

Thanks for the heads up Gary. How has the fishing been lately?

crazyctr

a little slow but the perch are averaging around 10 inches makes it worth while going

hbaits.jpg