• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Zackcorbin1401

Whitefish lake

AmateurHourAngling

How're the roads? Going out tomorrow

-JADEN

gsambray

Hwy slick lake still drivable with 4x4 so far

McGinnis_Fishing

Fishing been any good lately?

gsambray

Slow with walleye perch seem active

McGinnis_Fishing

Was out today and marked a ton of perch with the marcum. They were just little guys, big enough to steal your bait but not big enough to get hooked (i was using bigger "walleye gear") caught a couple little ones that went back along with a decent pike. We had 1 bite that seemed like a walleye but lost it. Hopefully next time is better!

gsambray

How's the snow on the lake? Is it no go for driving a truck

Trout Wrangler

The last two snow falls should make driving a truck on the lake a challange.

gsambray

Challenge ACCEPTED !!!!!!

• Like 1

gsambray

Challenge failed. Lol. I gave its go but didn't go too far haha on foot all weekend. The islands don't look far till your walking

CoryCo

Learnt that the hard way and the fishing never seems worth it at whitefish lol

gsambray

Yes it's very slow out there

AB

Anyone have any idea what the snow / slush / ice conditions are like lately?

It's getting to be the time of the year when you can drive on again without to much trouble if conditions are right.

Thanks,

Iceman

xf800

I walked out today fishing was not that good. Was a few snow drifts but saw a few quads and few trucks that were pulling shacks off the lake.Was no slush but walked out from the launch behind the island. Not sure how the rest of the lake was.The ice was almost up to the top of the power auger.

AB

I decided to follow the advice I often give, 'if you've got the time, go fish" yesterday afternoon.

The drive down to the lake was enjoyable in the sunshine, I already had the minnows left over from last weekend and my lab needed some exercise so I brought along her favorite ball. I figured the worst case situation would be giving her a chance to stretch her legs someplace where she can run without concern.

I got down to the public launch just after 4pm. With temps around +3C, I knew the snow would be softening up. I drove onto the lake without any problems. It looks like the packed snow at the launch is still pretty solid at the point where vehicles of all kinds have been getting on and off the ice.

There was no slush to speak of. Snow cover for the 1st 750 meters heading out to the islands was sparse. Once I got past the halfway point to the islands, heading slightly southeast I started encountering frequent remnants of snow drifts. I have good tires on my truck and was able to get through with little trouble. There were a few times, when driving through the confluence of three or four drifts that I wondered if I'd have to engage the 4x4, but was okay in 2wd.

The fishing was slow. Despite drilling a bunch of holes over an area where I normally find active fish I couldn't find any day time activity. Finally at 7pm the electronics showed signs of life below the ice besides the minnow on my hook. Over the next hour and a half I had several hits on a still line and managed to bring a few perch to the top of the hole on a jigging set up.

Overall it was slow fishing, but I tired out my lab, and know that the truck can get me on and off the ice without much trouble.

good luck to anyone else venturing out!

iceman

gsambray

How's the conditions out there. Ice or slush and drivability for a truck. Oh ya has the fishing picked up at all

gsambray

Good to hear will be going tomorrow

Fishin*Magician

Anyone have an update on conditions? Still accessible by truck or take a sled?

Some Old Guy

Heading there in about 2 hrs. I'll post from there.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

gsambray

Was out yesterday and going in a few minutes today. Lots of ice and lots of water on the ice. I drove out and will do so today

Some Old Guy

Drove right off the launch. Can drive pretty much anywhere.

Iced a few walleye as soon as the clouds rolled in. No perch yet.

Roger.

gsambray

Not much action were I was but got to sit and watch a couple Eagles and vultures clean up someone's fish guts from all over the lake

gsambray

I'm gonna have to follow roger around the lake. Can't seem to ice a walleye this winter to save my life

Some Old Guy

C'mon out. Little bit of a lull right now but still catching!

Roger.