• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adams

Athlestane Hazards

Guest adams

I was out on Big Athelstane last weekend, having never been there before I nailed a couple of rocks at slow speed which were relatively out in the open. Anyone have knowledge of this lake and can pass on advice so should I head back there again, my prop will live to see another day?

Master Baiter

I was out on Big Athelstane last weekend, having never been there before I nailed a couple of rocks at slow speed which were relatively out in the open. Anyone have knowledge of this lake and can pass on advice so should I head back there again, my prop will live to see another day?

The best advice for that Lake I can give you is "Go with someone who has been there before" Thats how I learned the lake, or buy a high quality map or download one off the internet and have someone mark the rocks for ya. I met some of the boys from work out there with an internet map where they had all of the rocks marked. Me and my partner met them out on the water on Quilp lake with just that map....I'll take a look through my maps and see if I still have it or can get ya a copy.

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

Cheech

We took out our prop last year in Quilp so you have to be extra carefull.Thank god there was no wind that day and all the lakes,especially Athelstane were like glass so coming back with 2 out of 3 blades on the prop was a bit easier.If it was the weekend before with the wind coming from the west we'd probably still be there.

Guest Patch

The quick, general, answer would be on Little Athelstane, the east shore has some rocky areas, until around the far point. Going through the narrows there are lots of rocks, keep an eye and you'll see them, especially watch for the ones at the north end when you figure you can open 'er up. There's an island when you come out, don't get too close to the south side of it, it gets shallow and rocky. Once you on on the big lake, the rocky parts tend to be on the north side of the lake. Stick the the south, and generally speaking, you'll be ok. Good luck!