• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr. Canoehead

Silver Harbour

Mr. Canoehead

Just got back from a quick scouting mission. approx. 12" of ice, but did not venture across the ridge. Will be heading back there soon with a shelter!

BirchPoint2014

how far out is the ridge?

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

Mr. Canoehead

It runs away from shore. Looks like you could go to the island without crossing a ridge. Fished for 20 mins and my buddy got a herring about 50 yards from shore.

BirchPoint2014

right on, good luck, let us know how you do... im outta town this weekend or i would be out there!

BirchPoint2014

Kashabowie, ON

Thefishleclair

Time to drag the hut out.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Jayfishin

No lakers. Never crossed ridge to deeper water. Lots of herring being caught. Solid 12" of ice.

Jay

BMAN84

Did you see anyone out deeper? Or is it still look sketchy to go out?

Mr. Canoehead

I saw a group on the other side of the ridge heading for deeper water. Not sure where they crossed the ridge, where I was there were waves splashing up from it so I steered clear.

BirchPoint2014

good thinking mr. canoehead, no fish worth dying for!

thanks for the info.

BirchPoint2014

Kashabowie, ON

Pound 4 Pound

My father was out today, about 1.5 miles out from landing 106 FOW and had one bite. 16 to 18 inches of solid ice he said.

Guest 2112

I went out there today, lots of snow machine tracks. easy path over ice ridge. other side of ice ridge is probably sitting around 12". caught a whole bunch of nothing. The vexilar showed what appeared to be smelt just everywhere

BMAN84

Caught a 15-16" herring early morning yesterday. A few other good hits and a few nibbles. Does it get better in the afternoon. I remember a older gentlemen telling me that. But he was havin a few adult bevies. (Good for him, well deserved) but was just curious if it picked up at all?

Thefishleclair

I used to go only in mornings.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Was out today and got two herring. 1-4. Lost another two, one bigger one near shore. Fought like a steelhead. Ice was booming. Didn't see anyone else ice anything. About 15 people out.

Guest 2112

my friend and I went after work friday night. We had no clue if the fish would even bite but after a 60 hour week i had to fish. No one else was out (we were out there from 7-2am) and the temperature was UNREAL. We had the vexilar and everywhere we went it seemed like there was piles o' smelt. No matter where we went. We were at the other side of the ice ride in 30 ft. We thought for sure we'd catch some ling (SIDE NOTE I recently caught 2 ling. Im from Niagara and there are no ling there. I caught one Ice fishing on Temagami many years ago and couldnt remember if it tasted good. SO i cooked ling... THE BEST) SO we fished all night and didn't see a thing. we walked around drilled some holes, didn't see anything but an apparent cloud of smelt. Does anyone know anything about that? It was sure nice out there, no clouds, sitting right around 0. Is night fishing worth it on a warm night like that at silver harbour?

fisherdude

Iv actually caught a smelt there one time after 45 minutes of tryin to get it to bite lol needless to say it was a slow day and it entertained me for awhile lol

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've also caught some there. A small bit of cotton on a hook soaked in attractant. Their tiny teeth get caught on the cotton.

Thefishleclair

Smelt will bite small chung off minnow one s trebble. If the herring wont bite ill run a smelt rig and kand a dozen or so for thr pan

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Thefishleclair

Sorry for spelling. Punta Cana sun and rum makes bad fingers.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

BirchPoint2014

was reading a gord ellis article about silver harbour, what does he mean by bays end? is this a spot?

BirchPoint2014

Kashabowie, ON