• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toma-hawk

Fly tying supplies

toma-hawk

Is there another store in town that sells supplies.Was in D&R today and was told they are expanding the store and the fly shop may be down sizing?

Rick

CoryCo

I was wondering this too. Somebody mentioned that rompas in current river?

flybum

Rompaiis has random stuff all over, their buck tail is slightly cheaper and they have minimal thread choice (utc 210 denier is all I saw)

Riverside has super random stuff too, the odd bucktail or whatever, but not much.

Guest mud trout

If River's Edge in DNR is down sizing then there won't be much left for tying supplies in Thundr Bay. There was always lots to choose from there, well stocked with all the regular or basics but Bill never really kept with the times by bringing in more recent inovative tying material. If you were at the IF4 last Saturady it would give a good indication of the state of fly fishing/ fly tying supplies in Thunder Bay when a fly fishing show does not attract a single fly fishing or tying supplier.

I've had to get much of my supplies on line in recent years. I used to take the high road so to speak and special order supplies from River's Edge if there wasn't stock there, but i got tired of waiting anywhere from 2 to 4 months for my order to come in.

flybum

I'm in the same boat, I'll go there and see what they have, some hooks here Or there, beads maybe some popper heads of I REALLY needed them. Otherwise, there's never any stock or current supplies. Ebay is king! :-p there are many good shops online for cheap, even with the state of the dollar.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Ah good ol' flybums fly shop. I've got a few flies tied from materials obtained at this shop.

hookset

I order from flymart.ca. The problem is there is a $13 shipping cost. If the order is over $300 then its free shipping. I need cone head beads, and eyes. Those seem to be popular. They are never in stock.

Dnr doesn't get stocked often and the variety leaves much to be desired.

flybum

Allen fly fishing is free shipping and great stuff.

I would advise everyone to get on their mailing list, daily/weekly deals. Great prices and product in general. Free shopping at 25$ I believe. But 25$ of hooks at AllenFlyFishing is a few hundred hooks and some beads. Great prices.

I placed an order for under 25 and still got the free shipping. 23 bucks got me 150 hooks. Great source for supplies.

Guest mud trout

I'm on their mailing list but haven't purchased from him in a long time. J Stockard and Hock n Hackle are very good suppliers with tons of stock as well. If you build rods or wish to try then check them out. Large selection of rod compnants and tons of tying supplies.

#One

If you guys are looking for Fly Tying materials and gear Rockwood Baits and Silver Minnow Bait Shop carries a pretty good sized selection of stuff in his new location 361C Hodder Ave the old Village Market on Hodder Ave a couple blocks down from the tavern.

Go check it out! Also if there is anything you want that he doesn't have in stock or on display he can order anything just ask him.

His hours are currently Tues-Fri 8:30am-6pm and Saturdays 8am-2:30pm Closed Sundays and Mondays until the middle of May when he goes back to his Summer hours.

Walleye Man

hookset

I just recieved the order I placed. It was out of B.C. I ordered 45 black cones, 15 6mm, 15 5mm, 15 4mm. 45 gold cones same sizes and quantaty as the black, and he threw in ten 3/16 gold eyes and a pack of 15 Dohimoto 9394 nickel plate streamer hooks. Paid $16 and that inculeded shipping. That was a good deal. I will be ordering from there again.

hookset

He sells off ebay. Type in, Daryl Martens online fly shop at eBay.

TroutHunter

cant seem to find it... can you post the link to his ebay store???

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

hookset

He also has a facebook page you can contact him threw.

I just bought that deal. Along with 450 beads, 50 cones, and some hackle pliers.