• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toma-hawk

Fly tying supplies

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

The seller just got back to me and told me he's sending me some free hooks and refunding the shipping because I bought multiple items. All of which, is also good news.

TroutHunter

thanks guys... i'll be placing my order shortly!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

spindilla1

Use e bay and ship to rydens, you'll have so much more selection.

CoryCo

I just placed an order with mudhole.com. Got 100 different sized hooks, 6 packs chenille, 30 colour dubbing assortment, 6 marabou colours, 2 spools of lead wire, and some thread. Came out to 85 dollars shipped to my door.

hookset

I received my order from flymart today as well. 4 packs of angle hair, 1 arctic fox tail section. 4 packs of zonkers, two spools of black uni thread,1 pack 5mm gator eyes and 25 #16 dry hooks. $75 to the door. The price included a $13 dollar shipping fee. But they have tons of selection all in one spot. Don't have to search all over the place.

flybum

Received these scissors today, from a Canadian gentleman named Roy Jenkins. Great scissors. Aesthetically pleasing (if it matters) sharp as hell with a great hand feel. One side is razor and the other side is micro serrated. Cuts everyhing with ease. (Don't use them on wire, don't be silly!) the blue is the cover of the tensionner knob so you can choose how tight or not, they are. 35$ shipped to my door, and fast.

post-1898-0-45355600-1424802480_thumb.jp

post-1898-0-40038800-1424802508_thumb.jp

CoryCo

Went to riverside today on James street and spoke to the owner. We talked about supplies guys might want here and he placed a 400 dollar order that he'll receive next week. Will be getting chenille, buck tail, marabou, thread and a bunch of other stuff. Worth checking out in the future

hookset

If I had a shop and was to order materials I would ask the locals what they tie most and order according to that.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

7 types of hair, 5 dubbing, 4 nymph skin, 2 rubber legs, 2 flash, 2 sets of eyes, post material, yarn for eggs, and 3 bucks American. Sent from fly tyers dungeon for 15 bucks, factor in the 3 dollars American and all this for 12 bucks.

post-374-0-60465300-1424912562_thumb.jpg

hookset

Thats a sweet haul for $12.

Guest Headhunter

Went to the Outdoor Show/ Trappers Show yesterday with one purpose..... Find some fly tying material... Specifically a Muskrat. I succeeded and now have enough dubbing material for my Adams flies for the rest of my life. The hide is very colourful, so probably trapped very early or even very late, but that means multiple colours of dubbing!

Guest mud trout

I spoke to Adrian (DNR) on Friday and he says that Rivers Edge is not down sizing, also the store should be done renovations in a week or so and Bill will have his fly tying supplies back in the store at that time.

flybum

Some supplies are at riverside. There is a small selection of streamer hooks, a few bucktails decent amount of dubbing, strung saddle hackle Krystal flash , zonker strips ,marabou, threads and wire... Probably missed a few things, but if Ya need something, go check er out for yourself.

• Like 1