• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Headhunter

Arctic Grayling Video

Guest Headhunter

Hey guys,

Here is a quick video I put together you may enjoy. Fishing Arctic Grayling on the Stark River @ Frontier Fishing Lodge.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh3hieWAOh0

Cheers,

Headhunter

Guest mud trout

Very, very nice!! I want to be able to one day check arctic grayling off of my list.

So cool to see them rise willingly to dries. They're beautiful creatures.

Where is the lodge? Just curious.

Guest Headhunter

East Arm of Great Slave Lake. Right at the mouth of the Stark River. www.frontierfishinglodge.com

Its interesting how many ways they choose to attack the flies depending on conditions. When there is a lot of spent caddis on the water the grayling usually just suck it down from below and half the time you don't even notice it. Other time they come completely out of the water. Neat creatures. Avg in the Stark River is 16-20 inch. 24 inch being the biggest ever caught at the lodge and the biggest I have ever heard about in terms of length.

Guest mud trout

Great, from what i have seen (videos) 16 to 20" would be very big! I think of them in terms of brookie size. That can be subjective as well from the Thunder Bay area. One day I hope to get up north and hook a few of those beauties!

Guest Headhunter

That is fairly big. In most systems you can catch the odd one that size. Whats nice about our location is the Stark River is right there, but you can also catch Grayling on every point and shoreline around the East Arm. The ones on the lake tend to be deeper and weigh more because they do not have to battle the current. If you ever wanna hear more about it or just talk about fishing up there just send me a message. Cheers.