• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Zimak

Mercury proves to be the BEST once again :)

Squaretail

Can't knock a guy for having his tonque busy.

Squaretail

When I worked at a etec dealer I definetly didn't promote etec sales but I will say one thing, the v6 150 and up etecs are far superior and better built and mapped then v4 and inline motors. Some models and years were actually stronger then the optis. Really good idle quality, strong lower units and I think a little bit more torque throughout the rpm range and amazing fuel mileage. In our area 25-115 hp range is the most popular, since these models of etecs are what showed more issues that's what showed up in the shop more. I think the new g2,s will be far superior then the old etecs. One thing bombardier is really good at is technological advancements.

fishman1

I believe everyone is making good quality products these days, so this turns into a ford Chevy dodge sort of thing.

I have fished the west coast for years, and with the charters travelling countless miles off shore and into the rivers, there has never been an environment where it is truly a life and death situation when it comes to motor problems.

All this being said, I would guess to say that 90-95 percent of the motors I have seen being used by not only the outfitters, but with the general fishing public on the west coast is Honda and Yamaha. Yamaha being number one.

This definitely says something.

Very rarely do I see mercs used there.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Etec owners don't like Etecs. They just hate mercs. It's sad really

They should just call it "not a merc g2"

and give free shirts that say " my outboard cost more than yours and is way uglier "

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Monks

Etec owners don't like Etecs. They just hate mercs. It's sad really

They should just call it "not a merc g2"

and give free shirts that say " my outboard cost more than yours and is way uglier "

Actually Etec owners like their time on the water... Is that not your beloved Merc slogan "Spend More Time on The Water"??? From what I have seen of your Merc, Spending anytime on the Water is a luxury?!? LOL.

With how much you have spent in repairs I am sure you could use some free T-Shirts. There on their way, courtesy of Evinrude chum ;).

Trevor Zimak

Ryan driving down the lake passing an etec :smiley-finger007::smiley-finger007:

WalleyeWayne

It appears dah boyz need to get on the water soonest and start strutting their outboards......

Trevor Zimak

10 to 1 Merc at least makes it to the water!!! :fire::fire: lol lol