• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

2006 25 hp 2 stroke

Big Guy

Hey guys, I am thinking about picking up a little 2009 14' d&w with a 2006 25hp 2 stroke merc short shaft. Any reviews or opinions on that or a similar year merc motor? I have only ever run older Evinrude 20 hp's and most recently a 2009 yamaha 9.9 2 stroke. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

CoryCo

I have a 2004 25hp 2 stroke and blew a bearing that got sucked into the piston and destroyed it. I paid to have it rebuilt, then I found a pin hole in my float that would cause the engine to constantly flood.

Other than that I like it.

Adrian

I have a 2005 Merc 25 short shaft and love it. It is on a deep wide lund S14. At about 2006, Mercury had their motors 30 hp and under being built by Tohatsu of Japan. These motors will have Sea Pro on the side of the hood. I have no experience with the Tohatsu motor, but as far as my 25 merc, I love it. It hauls a good load, quieter and a little faster that the 25 Johnson I replaced. It always starts easy but I put electric start and charging system in it for my wife and daughter. (made some points there)