• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Fantastic little booster

Adrian

I seldom offer to "advertise" a product, but I have to pass this one on. Many of you may already be aware of these.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/microstart/

I witnessed a friend use one of these to boost a 4 stroke snowmobile in -35 C temps a couple weeks ago when we were on a trip to Atikokan. It spun that engine so fast that it had to start. He had the XP3. I went to Excalibur and bought one from Larry. The next morning it was -13C. I went to my truck (Ford F150 V8) that sat outside all night. I removed the pos battery cable from the truck battery and hooked up the "Microstart" to the truck battery cables, and the truck started like it had the original battery connected. I did it 2 more times just to be sure.

This is a very tiny unit. It will actually fit in your shirt pocket. It has connectors to charge your cel phone, lap top, camera etc.

My Microstart will live with me now in my truck, in my boat (can't rope start my Opti), in my quad and in my sled. I think it is great security at a cheap price. I know that I have 3 batteries in my boat (2 trolling motor and 1 for the Opti.) but if the Opti battery goes dead, and I have been fishing all day, the trolling motor batteries are likely low as well.

• Like 2

pbear

That sounds like peace of mind for a good dollar. When I had a bearcat, I brought along a Stanley booster pack in the back rack, but I also brought a portable winch, just in case. This product is much better. How many jump starts can it do until the charge is depleted?

Adrian

I did my truck with the truck battery disconnected 3 times and when I went to recharge it, it still showed over 3/4 full. It did not have to crank very long to start, but if it works one time very well, charge it with either the wall plug or cig lighter plug and it is ready to go again.