• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BenjisGrandpa

STEELHEAD!!

BenjisGrandpa

Well folks, it's getting to that time of year again. I can't wait for steelhead to start running, me and my old knees can't go to where I used to be able to go... So does anyone have a couple secret honey holes or techniques that you would care to share with an old timer like myself? You can pm if you would rather not let anyone else know.

toma-hawk

Early season you and Benji could go to silver Ilet and cast spoons ,white shad raps from shore all along the mouth of sibley creek . Bring your waders and wade in a little , be easy on your knees.

Good luck

Rick

Lyle Reiner

What Rick said! That or the mouth of the MacKenzie.

Steelheaders around these parts are very tight lipped, protective, and as willing to share spots as a hipster is to shave his beard. If you want real entertainment, keep an eye on the board, it's 'bout to get real spicy up in hurrr!

• Like 3

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Mr. Canoehead

You could launch a boat on the Nipigon River once the ice clears.

levi64

What Rick said! That or the mouth of the MacKenzie.

Steelheaders around these parts are very tight lipped, protective, and as willing to share spots as a hipster is to shave his beard. If you want real entertainment, keep an eye on the board, it's 'bout to get real spicy up in hurrr!

X 2....... The games will begin soon.

walleyslayer

The Mac neebing and mcvickar have easy access points throughout the rivers. It seems like almost every river holds them so just try them. I find that roe, yarn flies, stone flies and worms work best.

flybum

I say we give out all of our favourite baits and fishing spots for steel , now. Kick things off a bit early this year!

• Like 1

tronnyd88

cant wait for the run to start this year. caught my first one last year just a small one but im hooked now. hoping to find sum new spots this year. i know sum people dont like to share their spots but if anyone could give a river i can find a spot. any help would be appritiated.

tronnyd88

would be nice to have a spot off the beaten path. i see why people dont like to give up spots. i dont mind sharing the river but i had a few times last year on the mac i was fishing a spot and had people come up to me and ask if i was done

Fishbum

gotta give em credit for asking tho!!!! That shows etic.. may be a little annoying if you the guy getting asked all the time, but at least they have the courtisey to ask right?

tronnyd88

i see what your saying but wen your standing there with ur line in the water it would be safe to assume that the person isnt done. id be fine if they said ill be down river could u let me know wen ur done.

tronnyd88

got a little off topic with the eticate. just lookin to get outta the city since the rivers in town are the only ones ive tried

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've fished lots of rivers out of town. The rivers in town can give you just as many fish on some days. I haven't left town for a few years now. Others are right though. The board can get crazy in regards to steelhead. Once the ball starts rolling I stop posting and just go fish.

Thefishleclair

Gotta go do the leg work.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Benji

Anyone think a big original floater like 4-8" would work on steelhead ?

Fishbum

Leg work is key! Ud be surprised what ull learn and find .. Oh the hrs through the bush I've done lol

Rapalas... Yup I've got steelhead on them many times.. Just need the spot to be able to cast them and not snag up

tronnyd88

well leg work it is. i like treking through the bush so not a problem to go search. im guessing any river flowing into superior?

fishman1

Join the steelhead club and ask a few questions. Perhaps a few of the boys would be happy to take you out. Attend their next meeting

Guest dbryce19

I used to live right on mcvicar creek down town right off algoma there. ( right beside Peterson electric) there would be people there steady!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I used to live right on mcvicar creek down town right off algoma there. ( right beside Peterson electric) there would be people there steady!

people fishing? or junkies injecting? lol

• Like 3

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Zackcorbin1401

i cant wait to catch some chrome.

Benji

I can't wait to catch a fish I didn't buy at petsmart....

spindilla1

Edited.

Picture could not be uploaded. Actually it could be but it totally gave away a spot. : )

Instead here's two from the fall!

Enjoy!

post-3124-0-85692300-1427813050_thumb.jp

post-3124-0-01643500-1427813056_thumb.jp

Guest TheRealSaltwaterFisherman

You should have seen the steelhead I reeled in 3 fortnights ago. I was fishin out near Japan and I heard this rattle under my dinghy and is red laser flashing around. Next thing I see is a Japanese robot shark experiment created with an actually steel head with a laser attached to it. I dive in to grab this thing and pull it onto my dinghy and that thing would not quit. After about 32 hours of underwater tussling the managed to drag it back to land. Long story short, the Japanese secret service is after me.