• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BenjisGrandpa

STEELHEAD!!

Guest TheRealSaltwaterFisherman

You should have seen the steelhead I reeled in 3 fortnights ago. I was fishin out near Japan and I heard this rattle under my dinghy and is red laser flashing around. Next thing I see is a Japanese robot shark experiment created with an actually steel head with a laser attached to it. I dive in to grab this thing and pull it onto my dinghy and that thing would not quit. After about 32 hours of underwater tussling the managed to drag it back to land. Long story short, the Japanese secret service is after me.

Woah!

WalleyeWayne

April 18, 2010......

post-1135-0-90195200-1427815866_thumb.jp

post-1135-0-05643100-1427815897_thumb.jp

post-1135-0-77351300-1427815908_thumb.jp

post-1135-0-08603500-1427815922_thumb.jp

shmanks

April 18, 2010......

2010 was a beautiful year I remember fishing for steel March 30th wont even be close this year lol. Hopefully by the end of April I can hook into some steel can't wait.

Lyle Reiner

Anyone have some decent recipes for rainbow trout?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Fishbum

If you knew how to catch them Lyle i'd give you some, but I'd like to see ya hook one first... They're secret recipes!! :trolls:

arvey

not sure if you'll like this . I debone mine then I stuff it with shrimp , maybe a little crushed cracker , some chopped up green onion , garlic butter or garlic salt or you could try some lemon pepper what ever spices you like. wrap in foil and bake or bb. when I debone the fish opens up and I fill the belly .

Foozer

I like to bbq some bacon wrapped strips of rainbows for appetizers.

Or, beer battered pieces. I usually make the pieces a little smaller to help eliminate some of the fishy flavor.

Or, fry in oil on a cast iron skillet, skin side down, with fresh ground pepper and lemon slices.

Or, a nice 3 - 4 lb fish in the smoker.

Nothing fancy for this guy, just delicious fresh fish.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Mikeman

Filet fish, remove rib bones and the side bones. Remove skin and then cut out the lateral line and any belly fat. Cut fish into 4" pieces and cover with original Shake and Bake. Place in Oven at 325 for 15-20 minutes, no more. Serve with seafood sauce and lemon. Works great on any large fish.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Step 1 go to Superstore. Step 2 buy some trout

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Thefishleclair

No Frills sells Rainbow fillets and pretty dang good too

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest 2112

walmart is selling Steelhead in bags of 9 fillets for 25 bucks. they are pretty decent. as for recipe, garlic, salt, pepper. fry in butter do most of the cooking skin side down so you can eat those tasty scales too! Does anyone else like to save the crispy skin until the end and then roll it up and eat it? i friggen love it!

arvey

it also makes great salt fish. lay 1 fillet skin down sprinkle with coarse salt and then brown sugar do the same with your next fillet laying it on top of the other skin side down. cover your cake dish with saran wrap refrigerate for 48 hrs. you may have to drain off some juice. when ready slice real thin on rye bread with some green onion. this is great with fresh caught trout or salmon.

Fishbum

Step 1 go to Superstore. Step 2 buy some trout

You'll probably bump into Lyle fishin in the seafood section.. give him his space.... he doesn't like people crowding his spots. LOL :fire:

fishman1

The only problem with shake and bake is you can't taste anything but the coating. Far too overpowering and salty.

WalleyeWayne

Lyle, when you hook 'em bring 'em over and I will cook them.

Wopfisher

Was down in Minnesota a couple weeks ago and the rivers were pretty much fully open I would think the stealhead run has started down there??

spindilla1

That is correct! I was out in Illinois though, thinking it would be the same in Min...

levi64

Any Brine of salt, brown sugar, soy sauce, and throw them in a smoker.

Snotrocket

Should be soon people have got some from their legal nets around Marathon

• Like 1

unbedable

The mouth of Ishkabibble just opened last week and was able to cast some spoons. Tricked this fella!

As for recipes, I enjoy the smoker. But only for store-bought. I've kept wild in the past and won't ever again; the consistency wasn't the same, taste was off. I used to be greedy and keep them as I thought I needed the roe, and wouldn't enjoy the meal. That has changed - a picture and release is for me.

Not on a high horse at all, it is within regulations, but take note of the great fishery within the Thunder Bay area we have, and use a mindful conservation/ethical approach please :) After seeing the imploding/ social explosion of the rivers in BC, I miss the seclusion and beauty of our rural AND urban fishery.

post-775-0-88385900-1427992883_thumb.jpg

Castnblast

Is that blood on the beach?

Just kidding, nice fish!

shmanks

Mcvicars creek was flowing good, just drove by so can't say if it was water flowing over ice or if the creek was open. Starting to get the itch for steel:)

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Pffff one warm day.....still weeks away

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fisherdude

I hope so, I jus got a cast in my hand two days ago so I hope it's still weeks away lol

shmanks

End of the month by the looks of things the weather for the week looks like 0 pretty much everyday.