• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BenjisGrandpa

STEELHEAD!!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I'm gonna start this off by saying I got two steel in town, today, on pink worms, gotta fish the pocket water.

fishman1

Pffff one warm day.....still weeks away

+1, a hell of a long way away, these KIDS see some water, and their blood starts to boil.

gsambray

Blood boil at the sight of open water. Yup that's me lol. Not just for the steel but for all species.

bin fishin lots

Thank god some species close. Hard to argue when bottom line is closed

bin fishin lots

I always want a sandwich after sex. Think of those poor buggers

Wopfisher

Took a drive today to look at a couple rivers most of them pretty much still frozen. Current river was the only one that was somewhat open

Thefishleclair

I found lots of open water. Enough to launch a boat in. The joys of flying to and from work. Might just go get the 12 footer from the cabin and the 9 horse outta the garage. Oh and it wont be for steelies.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Lyle Reiner

I'm hitting open water next weekend. Can't wait to wet a line.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Ol Big Moose

Some things will never change around here. Been hitting chrome for a few weeks now! Probly gonna go snap one up tomorow

Thefishleclair

Need a net guy moose?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

bin fishin lots

Hey big ol moose you usually fish with me. Haven't seen Ya in a bit. Let's get out chum.

shmanks

Big warm up ahead hoping to get into some steel before I go back to work at the beginning of May. Wondering what the water levels will look like this year with most of the snow already gone

James01

Big warm up ahead hoping to get into some steel before I go back to work at the beginning of May. Wondering what the water levels will look like this year with most of the snow already gone

I was wondering the same thing the other day... as I was looking at McVicar's Creek and listening to the water flowing under the ice. Up by the University the MacIntyre is opening up a little more each day and there is a fair bit of water flowing under the ice... and a fair amount of 'open' water.

I haven't been out of the city for a few weeks now, is there much snow away from town? If so, the water levels could be fine. If not, well... the Steelhead will have a tough time of it in the smaller tributaries. If the water is low the MNR should pay extra attention to places like McVicars.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Fishbum

I've been around west and north quite a bit ... The only place there isn't really much snow is thinder bay and the close outskirts ... Soon as you get away back in the bush there still a 2ft base easily ... Spring will be fine with a little rain

Guest fish9876

The lake will have decent water when June comes around and the thaw is complete. All that snow from up north still needs to thaw and run down into lake nipigon as well as all the streams lakes and rivers in between superior and LN. It will all end up in the lake!

fishman1

I've been around west and north quite a bit ... The only place there isn't really much snow is thinder bay and the close outskirts ... Soon as you get away back in the bush there still a 2ft base easily ... Spring will be fine with a little rain

i was out today away from the city, I couldn't believe it, still like January .

Tons of snow and ice. Lakes still solid to shore, what a difference frommtown

walleyewarrior

Saw a guy fishing the Mac this morning....

therealfndeal

wolf river looks like you could get a few casts in by the lamprey dam now

kbrest

The Mac semi opened today with the warm weather and rain. Water temps at 31° this morning and still mainly water running over ice...and massive ice chunks running down river. I can appreciate getting a line wet early but don't really care much for hooking a 4ft chunk of ice washing down river lol. The warm weather this week will do the area some good and warm rain would be nice.

Thefishleclair

4ft ice chunk would put up hell of a fight!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

tronnyd88

took a walk by the mac yesterday and today still seems to be quite abit of ice under the water. water lever seems like itll be good hopefully next week ill wet a line

James01

I can't wait... I spent last night tying roe bags and drinking wine (and Guinness and a little Mezcal).

p.s. I woke up this morning hung over and smelling of fish.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

fisherdude

What your wife have to say

James01

What your wife have to say

No wife, hence the Monday night spent drinking and tying roe bags.

- Henry David Thoreau

fisherdude

I was jus jokin, sorry.