• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis Schallock

2015 Moose

scanaego

There definitely needs to be better control of the predators, but what really gets me is that the ministry would let the moose population go extinct before addressing the real problem which is the natives. If you go into Newfoundland, you can't drive 1 km without seeing a moose. Why, because they don't have natives there. I'm not trying to sound racist. I just think that they should follow the same rules as everyone else.

That is funny! No Indians in Newfoundland

I think they should not let the white people hunt as they don`t hunt (subsistence) for food and they take all the resources on the first nations and take the moose the Indians and other predators need.

AmateurHourAngling

They don't "need" anything, they can live just like everyone else with our rules. Not theirs.

-JADEN

fishman1

That is funny! No Indians in Newfoundland

I think they should not let the white people hunt as they don`t hunt (for subsistence) for food and they take all the resources on the first nations and take the moose the Indians and other predators need.

hunt and fish for substinence??? Who the f&@! K r u trying to kid. Some natives shooting 6-8 animals a year, and taking truck loads of walleye, give me a break.

They never had the equipment firearms etc that they do now.

Things have gone overboard. I have native friends that tell me this.

That is right, overboard.

scanaego

That's some redneck racist remarks (I have an Indian friend). Funny but how many non aboriginals are abusing animals? I know there are always bad apples in every bunch but the Nishnawbe people I know that take more than they eat are the one sharing with family/community which is their way of life. Most non Aboriginal hunters (I have a few white friends) I know don`t need for food but simply hunt for sport. Ignorance to who First Nations people really are is evident here in this forum.

eddylives

Since when has it become a problem to ask serious questions?

This playing the "race card" crap only goes so far now days.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

scanaego

There definitely needs to be better control of the predators, but what really gets me is that the ministry would let the moose population go extinct before addressing the real problem which is the natives. If you go into Newfoundland, you can't drive 1 km without seeing a moose. Why, because they don't have natives there. I'm not trying to sound racist. I just think that they should follow the same rules as everyone else.

This comment I quoted above on is not a serious question!

It is clearly a racially charged statement and

Anyone who would think for one second that the damage to resources (trees, water, animals, fish, minerals, mother earth herself) of this continent is the blame of the Indians, well lets just say that preposterous!

And if you actually do believe that, I have a TeePee with no holes I will sell you, Cheap!

gsambray

I've noticed every time a good topic with good points of view show up someone brings up natives and how bad they are. Yes there are some out there who abuse the system but then again every race has the same problem. Is it possible the racist parts can stay out. I understand that it does come up but there are ways to put in your opinion without being racist. I do dislike the ability they have when it comes to hunting and fishing but it's something that is always going to go on. That's life and they are within there rules. And I have read a lot of articles online an in magazines that say that humans taking moose is not a very large percentage when you put it up with predators. But that's my own opinion.