• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tbchance

Salmon

Jayfishin

What happened to taking from the Nipigon?

Jay

fishman1

What happened to taking from the Nipigon?

Jay

i believe the locals got fed up with the salmon association taking fish from their river. And voiced their disapproval.along with the local MNR. And the fact that the river is producing more natural fish than the hatchery.
  • Like 1

Johnnyreid

Was out a few weekends ago at turtlehead. Fishing was bad, only lake trout. Covered a lot of water that day. Gonna get out again this weekend. How's things going out there for everyone?

therealfndeal

Father in law got 4 Saturday in the nip river

fishman1

Why do you think the board has been so slow.??? Fishing has been bad.

I was hoping for some better news than I had to offer.

fishingfinn

Went to black bay on Monday, landed 5 salmon and 3 lake trout between 11 and 4. Lost a few others. All the salmon were 5-7 lbs. We were fishing 100+ FOW with lines 25-50ft. Northern king monkey pukes seemed to be the ticket.

Kaptain Kirk

Congrats Fishingfinn

I am Jealous i wish i can get some time and get out there before they start heading into the rivers.

Jelly Belly

I'll be fishing again pretty soon. Had to take a break for abit there. This year I don't fish in the day time no more. I go out in morning when it's still dark enough I have to use flash light to set up. Fish till about 9 or ten am. Or evening I'll go out after 6. I've spent way to much on gas over the last few years fishing them in daytime. Now it's morn and evening only. Anyway that's what I do.

• Like 1

Porkchop21

Finally heading to black bay Saturday morning for my first time for salmon. Got the downriggers mounted and good to go. Should I buy flashers and use them or they not needed? Also, what do I use and how do I tie up a leader for the spoons?

Thefishleclair

So bad I could not even get the lakers to bite

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Envirro

Hey guys, any good spots for salmon in the area of Sturgeon Bay or south towards the border?

We at looking to go out this weekend and are hoping to land some salmon but don't want to make a hike all the way to Black Bay.

Thanks!!

fishman1

Launch at trout bay and drown some lures. Any shoreline.

There not much difference in mileage to go south towards the border or to black bay.

And far more fish in black bay.

Good luck

Thefishleclair

Black bay was a bust today. Not much action at all

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest fish9876

Tried nipigon river the other day. Nothing. Still some time before they come in in any heavy numbers.

Junior

Tried the flats between the Welcomes and PI today. Nothing but Lakers :( However, my son and I did manage to achieve our personal best for our biggest lake trout with this beauty.

We had just enough time to grab a quick picture and weight before we let her swim back down to the deeper water.

post-1750-0-20845600-1439173767_thumb.jp

Thefishleclair

Nice

Laker!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Junior

My scale was bouncing around 33 lbs as the fish wasn't willing to stop shaking so lets be conservative and say around 30 lbs.

tbayfinn

Nothing but 2 fatty Siscowets on Black Bay yesterday. The Squaw Bay launch sure is a disaster when busy. One cuddy boat taking up most of the space at the main dock (if you can call it that) and commercial fisherman taking up the other. Time for somebody to invest some money both there and Silver Islet for some decent docks and parking. I guess that's what you get in an unorganized township though. Hopefully this National Marine Conservation Area designation will bring in some government money.....

pastor norm

Was camping near the border and after a couple of hours trolling I hooked into a beauty. I think it was a stocked fish, now that I see the picture.

post-1502-0-53014000-1439314488_thumb.jp

Jelly Belly

Nice fish junior and pastor norm. Sunday evening went to Neys picked up 2 salmon Terrace Bay side by the rocks. 1 small and 1 at the fivish mark for weight. Monday went to Wawa we where lucky enough to get 4 biggest weighing 8 pounds.

jrock

Got a small salmon around 3 pounds and a lake trout on Sunday. Only tried for a hour or so because the wind picked up. Marking a ton of fish though , way more then l have at silver harbour .