• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tdhopkin

PAL/Hunting Course

tdhopkin

Hey Guys!

I have been looking at getting into hunting the past couple years, but have never really had time to get my PAL/Hunting Course done during the summer months. However, that has changed and I am looking at completing them.

I was just wondering where some good places are in town to get it done, either in a full-day weekend course or with the days split up. I am looking to get both my PAL and hunting course done at the same time (as I believe certain people only do one or another? but maybe I am wrong).

Also, what is the approximate cost? Is it standard or change depending on the teacher?

Thanks a lot for any info!

Foozer

Ben Prince is a great instructor.

My course was a weekend package. Thurs and Fri evenings and Sat Sun full days. Testing was scheduled after that.

This was the fastest route for me to get my PAL and hunters ed course.

Cost was about 300. Then application cost for Pal at 50.00, and passport style photo was 15.00. The the goddam envelope wasn't even pre paid to send package to Nova Scotia.

Good luck though. The course was very educational.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

tdhopkin

Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses. It sounds like Ben Prince is the way to go. I will have to take a look at when the course is being offered and get myself in there! I'm looking forward to educating myself and getting out hunting!

johnr

there are instructors available to schedule courses on weekends at your convenience if you have a couple friends willing to book. John Salonen at mackenzie beach used to do it and put the course on at the shuniah fire hall

johnr

There are instructors available to schedule courses on weekends at your convenience if you have a couple friends willing to book. John Salonen at mackenzie beach used to do it and put the course on at the shuniah fire hall....give him a call????

The_Outdoorsman

I went to Roger Pinkowski.. awesome instructor. he ran it from his house. not sure if he still does them anymore though

Kaptain Kirk

I sent my Son & Wife to Red Sky on Victoria Ave across from Madgicals Golf, nice small size Classes, and George Gallagher takes great pride in teaching all aspects of the hunting and the Canadian Firearm safety Course.

I recommend him he is an awesome Instructor.

scanaego

I have a question and hoped someone could guide me in the right direction.

I have completed the Hunters Safety Course (1990) Roger Pinkowski was my instructor. I have the Hunting License Examination Certificate from 1990 when I passed the course.

My question is that I want to purchase a firearm and hunting license. So what do I have to do? and will my past course be counted as when I did it I was told it was good for life.

Is there an office to go to for the PAL thing in Thunder Bay and will my past course do to acquire this PAL?

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

Dirttracker18

Likely long since completed your course but for others that find this thread looking for the same, another vote for Ben Prince.

He is very experienced outdoorsmen and takes the course very seriously. However you can learn a lot from him beyond what the basic issues are.

The Great Outdoors

Wopfisher

I have a question and hoped someone could guide me in the right direction.

I have completed the Hunters Safety Course (1990) Roger Pinkowski was my instructor. I have the Hunting License Examination Certificate from 1990 when I passed the course.

My question is that I want to purchase a firearm and hunting license. So what do I have to do? and will my past course be counted as when I did it I was told it was good for life.

Is there an office to go to for the PAL thing in Thunder Bay and will my past course do to acquire this PAL?

Thanks for the help

you can give Roger a call he still teaches i believe i had to phone him a week ago to ask him a question about my PAL, he will point you in the right direction.