• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flybum

Arrows of choice?

flybum

So I've been a traditional guy my whole life, I currently have 12 different traditional bows. Arrow choices are simple for traditional bows, spines aren't an issue. Recently I acquired an APA Viper nano, and am new to the torque that this thing has. It's at 70lbs and is a rocket. I purchased some carbon express Pile Drivers, they shoot well but the odd one seems to kick left... From what I've read, that means overspined? I've tried tips from 100-150grn and results are the same.

My question to the guys out there shooting something similar, is... What's your arrow of choice? Carbon express? Victory? Easton? Any insight is appreciated.

Gwhunter99

Carbon express With helical vanes. Helps consistency.

Imo

brookiebuster

I shoot goldtip pro hunters with blazer vanes. Great consistency from arrow to arrow. I use 125grain points with no problems.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Monks

Easton ACC I use for moose and Victory HV1 for deer. I had a similar issue. I Shoot 300 spine. Was shooting 2 " vanes, switched to 3" fusion vanes and fixed the issue your having. Depending on your rest kicking left could be fletching contact if your torquing your bow a little.

flybum

Alrighty... I've picked up some victory VAP 300s , man are these things friggen rockets. My brand new block target can't stop them, serious. With the 92grn outsert and (wait for it) 150grn field point(I've got many heavy tips and broad heads from all my traditional stuff) my total arrow weight is 524grn across the board. Not one arrow varies, which I'm really impressed with. My only problem is, I don't have an area big enough to shoot now! At 19yds(my back yard diagonally) I can't really see these rockets well enough to know if they're kicking or not. They are accurate...Regardless, they're insane... Thanks for the help, gents!

luckmedic

I shoot a 70 lbs Parker Redhawk XP at 28" draw and I religiously shoot the Cabela's Stalker Xtreme arrows with the 2" Blazer brand vanes (I believe Cabela's gets Easton to make them). I found that the no-name brand vanes rip very easily so I upgraded to the arrows with Blazers. I find that they shoot just as accurate as the GoldTips I've had in the past but they aren't as rugged, they snap fairly easily.

I use a 125 grain fixed-blade G5 Striker broadhead for deer and I find they shoot incredibly accurate, maybe about 1/2" low at 20 yds compared to my field points.

I've been shooting for 5 years, 4 deer and dozens of grouse down. Take my insight for what it's worth I guess lol

• Like 1

:smiley-sport020:If you wanna blow smoke, go have a dart. :fishing:

flybum

Soo...Luckmedic... Can I come over to your new house? I'll bring the rye bread...

• Like 1

luckmedic

A loaf of rye and a bottle of rye is the going rate it seems... the Raynaks are bringing lunch meat and coke.

:smiley-sport020:If you wanna blow smoke, go have a dart. :fishing:

toma-hawk

I shoot a martin compound at 55 # Beman ics 400 hunter arrows and wasp hammer SST fixed blade , 100 gr. Shot 3 deer pass through on all, just like rifle hunting  I think shot placement and waiting for the right shot is more important then the type of gear, Just my thoughts. PS. I also only practice with my hunting set up. Have 3 arrows put aside  just for that. Shoot partridge with snarrows.

Rick

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

i tried those new maxima blue,by carbon express they have a stif end and tail section but flexible middle. some fancy hybrid stuff,  groups good and tough  

i have had a problem with BH accuracy and break off at head when blowing through game, with cheaper easton carbon arrows ,  havent broken one of these yet  seems to have help my accuracy and saved me from broken arrows . 

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

TroutHunter
On November 26, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

i tried those new maxima blue,by carbon express they have a stif end and tail section but flexible middle. some fancy hybrid stuff,  groups good and tough  

i have had a problem with BH accuracy and break off at head when blowing through game, with cheaper easton carbon arrows ,  havent broken one of these yet  seems to have help my accuracy and saved me from broken arrows . 

What's your draw length/wt if you don't mind? Im having trouble with groupings of g5 montecs, I've lined up blades w/fletchings and everything, still all over the map... I'm shooting easton wild things 330s, 60lb wt, 29in draw, thinking of upgrading arrows to the maxima blues. 

cheers

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

im drawing 29 # 60 lbs. but shooting 125 g heads.  

using QAD exodus broadheads. they shorter than montecs

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President