• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Anyone else get calf tags?

Why are tags being sent out before draw. 2 of our pool1 applicants received tags already?

Received them today??

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

And I got my bull tag too! Early

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fishman1

Maybe the Americans have made a mistake. Handling our tags?

Foozer

The draw results were advertised as being released August 1st. But I don't know when the draw is actually held. Many different categories too. Bow, gun, outfitters, party numbers, individuals, northern resident crap, etc. I doubt it's settled on one day.

Anyhow, two of our regular group got calf tags today.

They will sure make ugly Christmas ornaments this year.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

naden

Our group started getting tags on Monday. One member called the phone line and it said results werent available yet? Got my calf tag in the mail today, group got a bull and cow in 11b.

AmateurHourAngling

Only got one calf tag today. group has 7 guys.

-JADEN

Nnev

Got my yellow Christmas ornament yesterday.

• Like 2

Foozer

Well, the three of us men in our group all got calf tags.

Leave it to the wife to get herself a bull tag in 13!

Looks like we'll have something interesting to do come October.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

naden

Well, the three of us men in our group all got calf tags.

Leave it to the wife to get herself a bull tag in 13!

Looks like we'll have something interesting to do come October.

Did your wife apply individual for 13?

Foozer

All four of us applied as individuals. (Me, wife, father-in-law, and brother-in-law).

The guys all applied for Bull-Bull in 15B. I had wifey apply Bull in 13, and Bull in 15B.

What's even funnier is this is only her second year applying for the draw after getting her PAL and Hunters Ed done in Feb of 2014.

Her dad hasn't gotten a 15B tag in 4 years now.

???

arvey

got a calf tag yesterday . won't be buying again ,I hunt as a single and i'm tired of waiting 3 to 5 yrs for a tag. I've always said the draw is greatly flawed . i'm even thinking of sending my calf tag to Mauro with a nice letter.

Jayfishin

Pulled a bull tag alone in 21A. Didn't bother with WMU 13 this year. Somewhere to go later in the fall now once the snow hits the ground. Not sure if our archery group had any luck in 19 yet? My tag also came in the mail last week....

Jay

Kamhillbilly

calf tags in my house but a friend of mine drew cow tag 12b solo go figure

RatherBeFishin

I aplied in a group of 3. First choice bull 12b, second choice cow 12b. We ended up getting the bull tag :)

therealfndeal

2 cow 2 bull tags for 13 this year all applied solo

• Like 1

eddylives

We all got calf tag's too early too......

Good thing I have connections and will have some prime roadkill moose available as soon as the transport save us the trouble of hunting ourselves hehe.

Believe it or not the cleanest road kills are done by large commercial vehicles lol....little 4 wheeler hits are usually destroyed animals and the transports somehow manage to be a majority of clean kill head shots....go figure?

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

gsambray

Only a calf tag again. I always apply as an individual. So a week of holidays booked for the first week of calf and hopefully with a week of sitting and watching in my favourite cut something should walk by

Porkchop21

Got a cow tag for 15B and applied solo. I have always applied solo and have gotten a tag every 2nd year.

tbayfinn

I got an individual cow tag in 21A again, tag every year for several years now.....

fishman1

They should adopt a point system like many states in the US. A hunter cannot draw a second tag before another hunter has gotten his first tag. A much fairer system.

It's a shame at how the ministry has mismanaged our resource and seeing so many people give it up.

arvey

a few years back I called Toronto talked to the person running the draw. my question to her was. what is this northern draw all bout? never got a real answer . I mentioned I hadn't had a tag in 5 years for 13. her answer was it could be anywhere from 1 year to 25 years because of it being a lottery system. I said to her if that's your ratio then your system is greatly flawed and she hung upon me. i'm tired of this crap,i'm tired of the mnr (who I used to respect) can't even enforce 21 day camping rule . Mauro and the liberals have put us on the brink of bankruptcy and they have to go.

• Like 1

Nnev

I heard a rumour of someone applying solo Bull 15A and Cow 15B and getting both tags.

pbear

Our group received a cow tag in 15B and a bull tag in the Northern draw.

scandiman

Wow! Individuals getting tags in 13?! This whole system is $!@&";. I'm going on 3 yrs with no adult tag and yet I know of people drawing tags almost every year.