• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Anyone else get calf tags?

Wopfisher

Got a cow tag in 15b applying as an individual

RatherBeFishin

Is there anything on paper or such that says exactly how the draw for tags works ? I would be curious to see.

RatherBeFishin

Is there anything on paper or such that says exactly how the draw for tags works ? I would be curious to see.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Yes the draw works as follows from what I've read

A certain % are withheld for a northern residents draw

Then groups that meet or exceed guaranteed group size are given tags

Then the large group allocation begins

So any group size . Where all the groups of that size can receive a tag are given out. So if 80 tags remain after GG draw and their are 10 groups of 7, 50 groups of 6 and 90 groups of 5. Every group of 7 and 6 are given tags . But since the remaining 20 tags can't be given to every group of 5 it goes to individual draw.

In individual draw names are drawn individualy. If you group is drawn all remaining members are removed from susequent draws.

Then all in pool 1 unsuccessful and are nothern residents are then drawn in northern allocation.

Dunno how 2nd choice works ?? I guess if you meet large group size for s3cond choice you would get that before individual draw.

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Bottom Bouncer

They should adopt a point system like many states in the US. A hunter cannot draw a second tag before another hunter has gotten his first tag. A much fairer system.

It's a shame at how the ministry has mismanaged our resource and seeing so many people give it up.

No kidding for a lack of a better word. The current system is so whacked it make you loose faith in the abilities of the MNR to manage a wild life resource. They can't even manage the moose draw. I don't know about the rest of you but ever since I was a kid I was told by my parents, teacher, coach etc... To get in line and wait your turn. Apparently there's a bully in the ministry deciding the fait of our moose draw.

Now honestly who in the ministry is that ignorant , that bull headed , to think that it's fair for one hunter to receive a tag twice before another hunter receives one in the same area. Think about any time you have ever stood in line at any event and had someone try and jump line on you and the rest of the people standing there and think how well received that went.

This is no different. The writing has been on the wall for years, this current system is flawed. When the point system was looked at and turned down " according to the MNR " and do they really need to review the system to figure out what's fair. Seriously !!! Anyway I suggested a third or even a fourth pool as a runner up System. Still a draw but at least you are not competing with the hunters who received tags from year one again, in year three when they were preferred again. So instead of being preferred every second year you would be preferred every third or fourth year.

It's a BULLY system now. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. The biggest group wins. Like in the school yard. I said it years ago as tag numbers went down, there will come a day when the number of groups will out number the number of tags. 6,7,8, preferred hunters for one tag ? Even if you get a moose, enjoy your metro bag of meat and usually you can tac on one or two more hunters to those numbers for the actual group size.

One more thing...how about giving the unsuccessful hunters the opportunity to get there money back like they do in the states. Bring in your moose licence and here's your refund for those of you who don't want to hunt calf.

They call it a LOTTERY well try your LUCK and if your UNLUCKY keep DREAMING.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 2

REELBAIT

Kaptain Kirk

Agreed Bottom Bouncer Well Said.