• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tracker

Support Resolute-Share Your Voice Campaign

tracker

I am sure alot of people are aware of the attack campaigns from Green Peace towards Resolute. These attacks through the media have a direct effect on our local economy. Best Buy was one of the biggest buyers of product from Resolute they have been pressured by Green Peace and now by their paper else where. Please support our local Resolute by sending an email to Green Peace and let them know their inaccurate allegations are unacceptable and must stop.

See attachment or visit act.resolutefp.com

2015-08-07 - ResoluteInfo - Share Your Voice Campaign.pdf

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

dano

I've seen first hand how well the boreal forests are managed around Thunder Bay district . Just take a drive down any road in the region and its endless cut overs. Heck they even cut right up to the transcanada , welcome to beautiful northern ontario. The forestry practices are a joke. Lakes and river systems are cut right up to the edge of the shore , even if the waterway is part of a provincial park. I don't have a problem with logging but what the forestry companies are doing is awful. If there is any mature stands of trees left anywhere in the region it only a matter of time before their days are numbered.

tracker

It amazes me that people who live in Northwestern Ontario still feel that it is ok to harvest forest as long as they don't have to see it???? If you are accessing the forest on a gravel road that the forest company built, don't be alarmed if you come across a cut over while heading to your favorite lake or hunting area. The forest practices that Resolute and Green Mantle follow are set out by the province and must go thorugh an audit process. They don't just wake up one morning and decide to cut some trees beside the highway or lake. These cuts are planned over 10-20 years in advance and go through public consultation. I have been involved with the Dog River/Matawin and Lakehead Forest for over 10 years and neither of these forests have been cut close to their annual allowable harvest. As I mentioned in a previous post, if a mature forest is not harvested, it becomes over mature and will eventually burn or blow down.

• Like 2

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

<')(((((>{

The_Outdoorsman

plus they have to restore the land once its cut correct?? replant x number of trees to replace the forest that was harvested.

tracker

Yes, they do replant. Some area are left "free to grow" and than they are monitored. Areas that are planted are monitored for years until they are satisfied that what is growing is what was intended. All of this is part of the audit process.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

<')(((((>{

dano

Yeah you're right tracker, having areas with mature forests is such an eyesore and so dangerous , a tree could blow over, YIKES! Not to mention those unnatural forest fires , nothing good comes from those.

tracker

Dano: Your opinion in a few posts state that the MNR and the Forest companies harvest practices are piss poor and are a joke. My opinion is I think they are doing a very good job. Lets just agree to disagree. Perhaps we see the value of the forest differently.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

<')(((((>{

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

As an employee of Resolute and a forester by trade I say Go Resolute! Keep up the good work.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Dano, mature forests pose higher risks of forest fire, as well as insect infestation... They provide less oxygen and simply aren't as efficient as younger trees. Noone is saying remove all old growth forest.

Retriever

Green Peace has done little to better forest management practices anywhere.

Their approach to negatively engage Resolute customers is contributing nothing.

As much to blame is senior management at these companies who jump on the Green Peace bandwagon to appear more green.

Guest Fishguyd

Agree with tracker

Most of the forest in this area runs an 80-100 year cycle with or without us cutting it down for sh!t tickets. Blow down, forest fire or just standing dead until it falls over or burns. Sure some trees may live longer than that but the jackpines and spuce that resolute is after generally dont. Also go for a drive....Bet you cant pick out what was cut in the 70s and 80s vs the virgin forest.