• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishintbay

live well pump

Guest fishintbay

can anyone tell me if I can just connect the pump wires to a 12volt battery to test it to see if the cartridge is gone of something in the wiring in the boat .

post-511-0-10352500-1439247474_thumb.jpg

Sageboy

You probably can. I just changed my recirc pump in my livewell and before I hard wired it I just touched the 2 wires from the boat to the cartridge wires and hit the switch to make sure it was working.

Guest fishintbay

ok thanks just found it odd that both live well pumps went within a couple weeks of each other

Sageboy

I changed the livewell and recirc pump within a short time period as well. The livewell pump was weak but the recirc pump I believe froze because it was cracked and water was leaking into my boat when I used the livewell and it went over the recirc pump. I think the recirc pump does not drain so if there is water in it then I believe it will freeze since I have to store my boat outside. I have to figure out how to drain the recirc or winterize it with maybe RV antifreeze.