• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RatherBeFishin

Archery Moose Hunt

RatherBeFishin

Just wondering if anyone has been having any luck with the archery moose hunt this year. I myself have a tag but for gun season. So far it has seemed to be pretty warmish weather for the start of the archery season. Wondering if anyone also has any insight as to if the moose are in full right yet or still leading up to ?

Thanks in advance !

Oh and also any succesfull archery hunts pics would be great too !!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Rut is on judged by movement at night . But bulls aren't very eager due to warmth my guess. We saw 2 and had 4 or 5 answer a few times but they shut down right away. Lots of vocal cows but no eager bulls from what we saw

So I would expect rut peaks next few days or so then slows down well before rifle opens. Based on my past 4 days hunting

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Dirttracker18

Rut is going strong right now and bulls are coming out.

I know of guys working on the highway calling out bulls during the day and my BIL called one out just a couple of days ago without issue. I was hoping it would be late so it was better for gun opener but it seems it may have passed by that point.

The Great Outdoors

Kaptain Kirk

The Rut is WFO, has been for over a Week all Ready, I know of 3 different guys having success getting Bulls all Ready.

Guest fish9876

Past two days the moose activity has slowed down where Ive been bird hunting. The nights have been cold and the noose have been noctournal. Seems that they've really slowed down since last weekend. Hope I can call a bull in on the rifle opener because I have to leave town for work soon.

Monks

Same time every year much like the deer rut. Of course guys that see one rutting bull say it's ON. Right place right time, just be in the woods 3rd week September and keep moving and calling. Some rut activity a week before and after as per usual. Warm weather means nothing other than Bulls will move more at night. Cows have been dropping their calves to coincide with spring for years.

• Like 2

fishman1

Monks has it right, same same every year.

This is nature, cows must be bred during a certain period to ensure calf survival.

It depends on the area, if ou are in an area with a couple hot cows, guess what's happening?

If you are in an area with cows that are done, guess what?

Archery is not an easy hunt, if the bulls came running every time u called there wouldn't be any left now would there?

• Like 1

Guest Beamer

Comments above by Monks and Fishman1 say it all, moose come into rut regardless of the weather, I hunted last week and the rut seemed to be in full swing, saw 3 of these guys standing alone in the edge of the lake so me thinks there was some romance going on. Thursday we called in several bulls after seeing these calves and harvested a spiker.

DSCN0447%202_zpsww46w6yp.jpg

Kaptain Kirk

Congrats R BEAMER,

PS GREAT PICTURE TOO.

Guest DarrenRackShack

I was out in 21B for 9 days at the start of the season and on day 5 we had a big bull come in, with one antler. It stopped about 75 yrds away from us and went into the bush, popped back out around 40 yrds but no shot...he had a big snort then all was quiet. Lots of noise in the woods, bulls answering, cows calling and even heard a bull calling for a cow...that s*!T is scary! haha.

Went back last weekend and tried again, had another bull come out across the swamp towards us, stopped at 35 yards..perfect broadside shot...standing in thick tag alders. If he took two steps, hed be in the freezer...no such luck.

We havea nother party hunting in the area and they had the same thing, a few bulls coming in but they seemed to be hesitant to come out into the open. UNfortuanetly we didn't harvest a bull as of yet...