• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
walleyewarrior

Opening Weekend

walleyewarrior

Just wondering if anyone was successful. I was out all weekend. Saw a few does come by my stand but there didn't seem to be much else moving in my area. Anyone else have any better luck than me. Whether it be bear, moose, deer with a bow or rifle?

Foozer

We went for moose with a bull tag in 13.

Apparently you had more luck than we did.

I've heard of several other groups getting their animals though.

Hopefully the rest of us have better luck this coming weekend.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

The_Outdoorsman

nothing came to check out the feed i placed but after both mornings there were fresh tracks on the road very close to my spot. maybe next weekend..

pbear

We saw one moose 10 minutes before legal but nothing for the rest of the weekend...except for the abundant ruffed and spruce grouse.

Spectre

We got a Bull and Cow opening morning both yearlings so no calf with the cow. It was a great weekend until we had a "nice" visit from the COs. Where we were told that "groups our size leave a lot of moose in the bush", very insulting comment to make while also trying to intimidate us. Also tried to get us on some party hunting rules but luckily we had deer tags too so he dropped that pretty quick. Really didn't seem to like the fact that two of the women in our group had tags even though they have shot more moose then I have(still looking for my first). Contemplating calling in a complaint about him but will see if I can sit on hold long enough to do it.

Other than that it was great weather and the birds were even out and got some grouse too.

• Like 1