• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fishbum

Let's have a poll.. See where it goes

Fishbum

Hey guess thought I'd start up something new and see what everyone thinks ..

I been contemplating while sitting seeing nothing weather I should have been here last night or the morning ?

What would everyone consider to be the best time to see moose vs deer ? Morning vs night ?

I'd have to say :

Moose - morning

Deer - evening

Let's see what everyone thinks is best time ...

Porkchop21

I have shot moose both morning and evening, however I have had better luck in the morning. Deer the opposite for some reason.

Iron Ranger

Both moose and deer from sunrise to 9:00. I do love the "magical time" from 4:00 till dark though. Having said that two years ago I shot one buck at 10:00 and after gutting it checked my brother that shot earlier (he shot a big one). I walked back to my stand and there was a nice fork horn right underneath it. Hence he was down. Same day at dusk a bunch of three came busting out of the brush, One of them was just a big buck. He stopped with his shoulder right behind a big popple. I waited and he put his head down to sniff the ground. I pulled the trigger then and hammered him.

Heck I have shot a few deer including a few nice bucks while doing breakfast dishs when we come back for some hot lunch. They cross our open meadow.

Moose is another matter, when they are in the rut anything goes.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

toma-hawk

I have shot way more deer between 10 - 3 than any other time in the 40 yrs. I've been hunting them. Moose is early morning and evening but I don't like shooting them at last light just because of all the flashlight and lantern work.

Rick

pbear

We have seen more moose in the morning and more success with deer in the evening.

Nnev

Deer usually at 10 AM.. Moose usually between midnight and 8AM while I'm asleep.. in my dreams.

Mr. Canoehead

I mostly see deer come out in the evening on the crown land I hunt. That's sitting. In the morning I usually walk cut lines and jump quite a lot of them but rarely get a shot.